22

“Adam.” His name tumbled out of her mouth in a breathless whisper as she studied his handsome face.

His usually rakish hair was carefully straightened with gel, giving him a sophisticated look that was so unlike him. He'd shaved his stubble, and the spicy aftershave mixed with his alluring cologne infused her senses.

Luckily he set her back on her feet and unwrapped his arms from around her before their posture could call for attention.

Eva rubbed her palms on the expensive dress she was wearing, smoothening invisible creases in an attempt to will herself some control, but her breath caught for a second when her eyes skimmed over his tall figure.

He looked dashingly handsome in a blue suit and matching blue pants, ones that looked way too familiar, ones she'd stripped from his gorgeous body more times than she could count in her dreams.

Erotic memories slammed through her mind.

Like always, the desire was instant, her body reacting to the sexual awareness so flagrantly that she had to dart her eyes sideways to make sure she was the only one who'd felt it.

“Adam.” She breathed his name again.

“Weren't expecting me, were you?” He stepped forward, too close for comfort.

“To be honest, no.” She told him truthfully, wondering why he was here.

Last night at the bar she'd seen how much he hated seeing her with Brandon so why would he be here?

“Oh why? I'm a man of my words, you know.”

A waiter passed by, and he took one of the glasses of champagne with a thank you, his piercing eyes never leaving hers.

“So where's your boyfriend? Thought he would be clinging to you like a parasite for the whole night.”

“He had a few things to take care of.” She replied, resisting the urge to cross her arms over her chest as his eyes roamed over her body.

God, she was wearing a sleeveless, pink silky dress that hugged her waist and flared from there till it ended above her knee, but he was looking at her as if she was completely naked and he couldn't wait to feast on her.

Heat sizzled in her belly, spiralling lower, heating her core and making her nipples harden and pucker against her brassiere.

The look in Adam's eyes told her that her engagement wasn't the only reason why he was here, and the possibilities made her heart race.

“Well, if I were in his place, I wouldn't leave your side for even a second to the glare of all these hungry gazes.”

He gestured around with his eyes, and his possessive tone made a delicious shiver run through her.

A very popular actress passed by, paused about a step away from them, then slowly retraced her steps, eyes scanning Adam from hair to toe.

“Adam Garcia?" Her eyes widened.

Adam's lips tipped in a small, surprised smile. “The one and only.”

“Oh my God, I can't believe this. I love your works so much and I literally follow all the sports competitions you take part off.”

Eva quirked her eyebrows at the excited look on her face and the fact that she was fangirling over Adam. Great, a guest was stealing the show. Well, she could definitely use more of that.

The actress opened the clutch she was holding and took out a small card, and then out of the blue, she hugged Adam in excitement. When she pulled back, Adam had a knowing smile on his face and the woman's card was now in his hand.