20

Shock slashed across Adams cheeks just before he quirked an eyebrow and simply said, “Oh."

“Yeah.” Brandon replied cockily, still glaring at Adam. “Do you and my fiance know each other?”

“Of course. The two of us know each other very well.” Adam's eyes swerved to her as he emphasized on the last words, and Eva's heart skipped a beat.

If Brandon found out about her fling with Adam, it would be a disaster.

She quickly chipped in before Adam could continue. “Adam and I actually met at a party last week. He's a sports extremist.”

“Right, so we just talked and got really well acquainted and became friends.” He met her eyes, his irises dancing with mockery. “Congratulations by the way, Eva.”

At least he didn't expose her, but his nonchalant tone irked her.

“Sweetheart, why don't you invite him to our engagement party.” Brandon pressed an intimate kiss to the corner of her mouth, and Eva guaged Adam's reaction.

Nada. Not even a tick of his jawbone to suggest that he was affected.

She'd expected a jealous reaction, anything to indicate that he cared about her being with another man.

But obviously, Adam Garcia only considered her as one of his thousand conquests. She was stupid to have even wondered whether she meant more to him.

“An engagement party? Thought you guys were already engaged.” He shoved his hands into his shorts pockets and continued to regard her coolly.

“Actually, she's agreed to marry me but we've decided to wait for the party before putting a ring on it once again.” Brando answered, ever so proudly. “Since the two of you are friends, I'm hoping you will be there.”

“Definitely!” Adam answered so quickly that Eva clenched her teeth. “Just text me the address and time.”

“Sure.” Eva answered, putting on a smile, trying to match his cool demeanour when all she really wanted to do was demand why he was okay with coming to see her get engaged to another man.

Just seeing him had began to make fire pool in her belly. Standing in nothing but shorts with his breathtaking torso on unabashed display and the sun glinting off his tanned skin, he looked good enough to eat.

He shifted his gaze from hers and focused completely on Brandon. “So man, wanna play some volleyball?”

“Why not?” Brandon accepted Adam's offer, and with a kiss on her cheek, followed Adam like they'd been friends forever.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

“I swear that the next time I see him, he's a corpse.” June whisper yelled, the infuriation that laced her voice flagrant on her face as they entered the nightclub.

“How sure are you that he's the one who took your clothes, June?” Vicky asked, a frustrated look on her face.

June issued her an indignant look. “Come on, Victoria. He was obviously looking for pay back for when I stripped him and disposed his clothes in the garbage. Thank God you guys were around so that I didn't have to walk back to my hotel room in just my bikini."

“Well, turnabout is fair play and all.” Vicky retorted casually.

June froze as if rendered speechless, glaring at Victoria. “Do you want us to cancel our bestfriend-ship so that you can be best friends with the puker?”