- Charon 8 -

⚠️⚠️
R

ead at your own risk. Mentions of deaths, murders and other graphic descriptions and narrations are part of the story. Not suitable for sensitive readers.

Chaeyoung gulped; she knew that Jennie is upset about the mission

Chaeyoung gulped; she knew that Jennie is upset about the mission. The detective who sits at least 2 rows away from her may look calm but she knows that Jennie Kim murdered the suspect a hundred times already inside her mind.

"Dismissed. We'll see you an hour before the operation. Thank you" Lt. Kang said and adjourned the meeting.

All the personnel involved in the operation went out of the briefing room, leaving Detective Jennie Kim and Agent Park Chaeyoung. When she felt that it was safe to approach the Detective, Agent Park sat on the detective's lap, her hands cupped the expressionless face of the detective trying to at least dodge her impending judgment in the hands of the devil who wears Chanel.

The detective was quiet, opposite to what Chaeyoung was expecting. She knew that Jennie was mad because she didn't tell her about the mission, but then again, she shouldn't be running around telling others her undercover assignment even to her sister nor to her lover even they're in the same field.

"I'm sorry" Chaeyoung was the first one to speak.

But Jennie didn't even utter a word.

"Nini, are you mad?" Chaeyoung asked.

But then again, no answer.

"I'm sorry, I was planning to tell you, I swear-"

"I'm not mad I'm upset" Jennie finally spoke.

"Don't be" Chaeyoung said retrieving her hands and crossing them in front of her chest instead.

"If only we solved this case early, you don't have to go undercover. You don't know how it worries me every time you go undercover " Jennie said.

"Jen, it's fine. It's part of my job. The moment I picked this profession I was ready for anything that is bound to happen to me" Chaeyoung said.

"Well, I'm not" Jennie's voice is desperate.

Silence.

"I'm not ready. And I don't know what to do nor I would forgive myself if something bad happens to you" Jennie said.

"You might be forgetting that we are on the same field, Jen"

"We're not" she sounded cold, just like how she is when they first met.

Chaeyoung is trying to understand. This case is by far the most dangerous case that they have encountered. Everybody is stressing out. She couldn't blame Jennie and her sister for overreacting about this mission.

It is indeed dangerous.

However, she's a police agent. She swore an oath to fulfill her duty as police and as a person for the sake of her country.