- Charon 11 -

⚠️⚠️

Read at your own risk. Mentions of deaths, murders and other graphic descriptions and narrations are part of the story. Not suitable for sensitive readers.

 Not suitable for sensitive readers

"Jennie, calm down!" Seulgi said.

The three went inside the office, one fuming Jennie, a stressed-looking Seulgi, and an emotionless Irene.

"You can't ask me to calm down, Seulgi!" Jennie said.

"But being reckless and driven by emotions, won't solve this case. We won't find Chaeyoung by being angry" Seulgi said.

Jennie angrily sat on a chair. Irene was still silent when Seulgi decided to relay the information to her team.

"So, we were just informed that the case of Kim Hanbin will be handled by the Supreme
Prosecutors' Office. He will be transferred to Wol-Jeong Prison instead of Namgu" Seulgi said.

"That's outside our jurisdiction," Lisa said.

"What? We worked hard for this. And then they will just take it away?" Jisoo asked.

"The higher office said that we have more cases to attend to. And besides, Namgu isn't the only place he tormented" Seulgi said.

"Well, that's true. He became the most wanted criminal in the country in less than a year" Joy said.

They heard Seulgi sighed. It seems that there is something more.

"There's one more," Seulgi said that made the whole room nervous.

"The higher office said that Agent Park's case will be handled by the Missing Persons Unit" Lieutenant Kang Seulgi announced.

"What?!" Almost all of them shouted.

"That can't be," Jisoo said.

"They said that if we were to handle it, it will be too personal," Seulgi said.

She's taking the role of a leader for now because Irene is currently emotionally unstable.

"This is not right. She's not just a missing person. She's a Police Agent! She's my girlfriend!" Jennie shouted.

"Your sister!" Jennie pointed at Irene.

"Her best friend!" Jennie pointed at Jisoo.

"Their friend!" Jennie pointed at the rest.

"She's Rosie! My Chaeyoung!" Jennie shouted and cried.

Everybody was silent. They were all friends before they were colleagues. Losing one person is like losing one limb. And Park Chaeyoung isn't just an Agent she was a sister, a best friend, a lover, a family.

Amid the silence, a slap resonated in the whole room. Irene's palm met Jennie's cheek.

"Get a hold of yourself. You told me you will protect my sister, you told me that you love her. But what you have been doing for the past hour isn't going to find my sister! Crying won't help Jennie" Irene shouted.