- Hephaestus 4 -

⚠️⚠️

Read at your own risk. Mentions of deaths, murders and other graphic descriptions and narrations are part of the story. Not suitable for sensitive readers.

This case particularly has mentions of bullying.

"Lunch is ready, Queen Persephone. King Hades and his guest are requesting you to join them on the table" one of the lady helpers said. Roseanne almost gagged hearing how she was addressed. She won't really get used to it.

She opens the door and saw the lady helpers offering her the mask on the tray, but she just walked past them. She walked straight to the dining hall and met Jaehyun's eyes before she looks at the guest. Both men are wearing their symbolic headpieces and it's kind of funny that they take this dressing up roles seriously but at the same time annoying.

Roseanne sat at the end of the long quartz stone table. Far from Jaehyun and Kang, but she can still hear them clearly enough to have a conversation with them even though she doesn't want to.

Lunch is served to them and they all start eating. Roseanne is slowly gaining her appetite at the sight of the juicy steak only to be ruined by the two men talking about their recent recruit.

"Hephaestus is keeping Namgu busy" Kang said while he cut his steak.

"Good to hear, Hermes. The first time I saw that kid, I know he'll do well" Jaehyun said. His eyes are glued to Roseanne as he eat.

Hermes? That proves Kang's involvement in this madness. She didn't see the prosecutor during the banquet last week so this is the only time she confirmed her assumptions about Song Kang. She always thought that this man has something dark buried behind his handsome face. She just never thought it would be this dark.

"He murdered one of his bullies the night he returned to Namgu and I heard he killed one today" Kang reported then they heard utensils being slammed on the quartz stone table.

"You guys are disgusting. Can you fucking focus on eating? We're in front of the food, have some respect" Roseanne said.

Jaehyun has always kept his face emotionless but his eyes are full of it. And Roseanne knows it was all the anger that she caused every time she tries to test his patience. Roseanne knows that she is hitting the right spot. One day, Jaehyun or Hades will show his true self, and that's what she wants.

Kang wiped his mouth with a napkin then looked at the blonde woman at the other end of the table.

"I see you've settled perfectly in here... Persephone" Kang said, and Roseanne wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off of the man's face.