Chapter 3: For Once

Dipper's POV

Pacifica leaves the Shack and goes to her "lovely" home. What is it with her with scarfs? Is she hiding? Is she ashamed?

Well, enough for that. I better get prepared for the hunt and tell Mabel the great news I have for her.

"OMG! Are you serious?!" She squeals as she takes the three invitations on my hand.

"Yup."

"Oh My Gosh, Oh My Gosh." She jumps in joy. "Candy and Grenda are not gonna believe what you have done for us." She says. Thank you Bro Bro." She smiles and gives me a sibling hug.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Mabel screams. "Let's Party!" She dances into the quiet air.

• • • •

Mabel, Candy, Grenda and I are already on the front door. They just can't stop squealing and screamin, and eat peanut butter? Well, that's something you don't do.

"Big moment here guys," Mabel smiles as she glances at the girls. "Someone told me that Gabe is here at this very moment and I want to impress him." She says as I roll my eyes.

"You said you've gone over him, and what's happening right now?" I ask as I try not to remind him that he was the one who likes to make out with his puppets.

"Psh, nah. That was a long time ago." She waves her hand off me. "He already forgot about my Sock Opera."

"Oh really?" I ask, sarcasm present in my voice.

"Yup." She says as she smiles excitedly. "Well, we better go now." She says, dismissing the topic. "Ready girls?" Mabel asks, enthusiasm thick in her voice.

"YES!" Grenda screams.

Then Candy just simply says in a sad tone. "Yeah."

Mabel, Candy and Grenda leaves which leaves me all alone at the punch section. I was about to grab a cup but someone pulls me.

"Where were you?" She whispers, Pacifica. "And what are you doing?" She asks, angry this time.

"I was ju-" I explain but I was cut off by her pulling me to her parents.

"Mom, Dad. Dipper is in the job." She says firmly as she points to me.

"Hmm, Great!" Mr. Northwest says. "We've been waiting for your arrival Mr. Dipper Pines." He says simply keeping his chin up. They sure are a family of high pride. He steps a little bit closer to me, leaning in a safe distance. "I want you to take care of this Ghost before the guests arrive." He says.

Mabel, Candy, Grenda and I arrived an hour early, since they want me to do the Ghost Hunting before their Guests arrive.

"Can you do that?" He asks.

"You can count on me Sir." I nod.

"Good." He smiles, pride present in his smile. "Well, I hope you and your sister will enjoy the event tonight." He says and glances to Pacifica. "Take him to the place where it happens." He says firmly as Pacifica nods.

He leans to Pacifica's ear and whispers something. She nods and grabs my hand.

"Well, Since my Parents want this party to be perfect. It also includes what you're wearing." She says as she grabs a suit and tie inside the closet. "Wear this." She says.

"What's wrong with my shirt?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry but, Everything is wrong." She shrugs. "Well to make things easier, just wear this and we'll get going."

"Fine." I say as I grab the suit.

Pacifica's POV

He gets out of the closet and he is already on his suit and tie. I stare at him for a moment, thinking he should wear clothes like this all the time. He actually looks good on it. And for once I could say that he's handsome.

"Earth to Pacifica?" Dipper says as he waves a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I snap out of my trance and I could feel warm hover all over my face.

"Oh right, come on. Let's go." I say as I lead him to the place where it happens. I could already feel the cold air hitting me as I open the door.