Epilogue

Dipper's POV

Everybody seemed to be quiet. It was a painful quiet. The sky was dark, it seems like in a few hours- the rain is gonna pour.

I was surprised that a lot came, despite the way she acted with the people around her.

The first who read their eulogy was her mother, then her father.

"I remember the day that she was born. Preston and I were so happy." Her mother sniffed. "I still remember the time the first word she spoke- we were hysterical about it then. The first time she walked, then end up having her knee scraped." She sobbed.

"She was strong-hearted person. She would never give-up." She continued despite all the tears that reached into her mouth.

"She was a loving daughter. She's my everything. She's only my source of happiness. I'm sorry that I can't spend time with my daughter when she was still here." She wiped her tears.

"I love you, Pacifica. I'll never forget you, honey." She cried harder.

"She was smiling on her first day on this world, I hope that she's smiling right now." She says as she looks up into the sky.

I didn't notice that I too was crying. I reached for my hanky in my pocket and wiped my tears. This hurts more than anything.

Then next came her father, her friends, then Mabel. She talked about how great she is, and how they became best friends. She cried too.

Then next was me.

I hold on into the piece of paper which I prepared about a day ago. Then I looked into the crowd. I don't think they would like pity.

I tucked the paper back to my coat and cleared my throat.

"Pacifica, she was a great friend. All you could ever ask in a friend was already in her. She was kind, sweet, and caring. I loved her with all of my heart. She was my everything 'till we were nothing." I stop the tears. "She taught me a lot of things. Things that I could never understand alone."

I looked at the crowd and saw pure sadness. Like the guilt was consuming me all over again. Like a stab in a heart. Like a punch in the gut.

"She gave up her life to save me." My voice cracked and tears were streaming down my face. "I should have took that fall- not her. She has so much to live for."

"Things will never be the same without her."

The day ended with a rain. Everybody went back to their respective homes and I spent my hours left holding up an umbrella staring at her gravestone, emotionless.

> > > >

It has been days since her funeral and painful days of suffering the loss. It was all hard to take in, especially that I fell for her. It was more than just a burden. It was so much more. More pain, more guilt.

I sat on my bed, just staring outside the window. The sky showed blended colors of orange and blue- signaling that It was almost night. It looks scary, but at the same time fascinating. I think to myself, how is that even possible? Something scary could be beautiful in a way? Then it hit me real hard. It was after possible. It was Pacifica Elise Northwest, my miracle.

I curled up into a ball and lean on our wall. I couldn't take it anymore.

I push all my weight down to my legs and slam the door open. All I could think of was running. Maybe, just maybe- it'll make me okay. But I know that It was far too impossible to be okay from what just happened to her.