Chapter 10: Secrets

Dipper's POV

I quickly took of my backpack and searched for the mirror, hoping it would be still there. And gladly it was, but not the way what I wanted to be. It's broken.

"Aw man!" I say as I glance at my surroundings. He might be everywhere.

"What's wrong Dipper?" Pacifica asks me, fear present in her eyes.

"The Lumberjack is gone, he escaped." I cautiously whisper to her.

"We have to get out of here." She whisper at him as the crowd's noise begin to fade away.

"No, my sister is in here. I have to find her." I say at her. "And this Lumberjack must be trapped." I continue as he I started to walk at the crowd.

"Dipper," I call out. I turn to her and slightly raise my eyebrow. "I'm coming with you."

I nod at her and we both end up in an unfamiliar hallway. "Pacifica, what is this place?" I ask at her as a thunder crashes, illuminating the gloomy hallway.

"This the way to the attic." She says casually and takes the old lamp and lights it up with a match. She hands me the lamp and I gladly accept.

"Thanks," I say as a thunder crashes again. "Geez, the weather is really bad."

We walk in the cold hallway, afraid that the painting at the walls might attack us.

I notice Pacifica shiver a little bit. I take of my jacket and offered it to her, I break a cough so she would notice my offer. Her face shows an expression of shock and later recovers with a shade of pink on her cheeks. "Thanks," She smiles as she looks away.

"No problem," I smile a little and went back to the big problem.

We have been walking for minutes now and there is still no sign of him. I lessen the tension between us and decided to talk. "So, I heard that this even had been planned for years." I start.

I was expecting her to ignore me but I was really surprised that she replied. "Yeah, that's true. My parents want everything to be perfect, and they wouldn't like to spend their money for. . . You know, an event that hasn't been properly planned." She shrugs. "Well, they only seem to care on things that are valuable. But they don't care for me." She mutters, disappoint present in her tone.

"Don't say that, well maybe they can be sometimes be. . . Like that. But I think things happen for a reason. There must be a reason why they are like that to you." I truthfully say.

"Maybe you're right." She smiles. We stop at our tracks. "Wait, I'm just gonna get something in my room. I'll be back." She says as leaves.

I smile for a moment and think about how confusing she really is. A voice snaps me out of my trance.

"Dipper Pines," A voice echoes. "Don't trust the family Northwest." Then I realized it was the Lumberjack's voice. "You'll fall into their trap. They are traitors!" He screams.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, traitors?

"Don't you know boy that they are only using you?" He asks.

"And for what?" I ask. "To catch you? I think that's the main reason why I'm here."

"Have you ever wondered why I haunted this Mansion?"

"No, why?" I curiously ask.

"I am here for a reason," he says. "It was very long time ago. We Lumberjacks were asked to build the Northwest Mansion, and we gladly accepted the job, for the exchange was a party celebrated for us Lumberjacks. We spent many years building this very mansion, energy wasted. The day has come that we successfully finished the Mansion and a party shall be thrown for us. We waited patiently outside the Mansion for the Northwest to come, and he did come out. We expected him to gladly accept us at the party but instead he laughed at our faces and shut the gate at us. They didn't let us in. Every one of us was disappointed, betrayed and mad. Storm came that caused me my death and it happened outside of their gate. I promised that I would have my revenge at them after a hundred years, the same day that they betrayed us." He explains, rage present in his voice. "This was my curse. For the curse to be broken a Northwest must open the gates for everyone who aren't as rich as them or not like them."

"They lied to me. They used me to break me the curse, which in the first place happened because of their greediness." I say out loud.

I thought Pacifica was different, I thought she was not like her parents. But I was wrong.

I feel disappointed and betrayed.

_____________
So, How was that?

Oh come on Pacifica, you should've not betrayed someone as cute as Dipper.

Please COMMENT your thoughts about this chapter and don't forget to vote.

~FrancesMagallanes