Chapter 5: Thoughts

"Teacher Ye Jin, can I get your signature?" Milky peered up at Ye Jin cutely, holding up the pen and camp booklet hopefully.

After some final reflections and goodbyes, the children were now going around asking the facilitators for their signatures as it was with all camps. Ye Jin was getting a little flustered with the Pirates surrounding her as though she was a celebrity, eagerly waving their camp booklets and pens while they waited for Ye Jin to finish penning down her well-wishes.

Casting a glance sideways, Ye Jin saw Hyun Bin in a similar situation as she was. No doubt her childhood friend was a favourite amongst the campers too.

"Of course, Milky!" Ye Jin said in a sing-song voice before she wrote a message of encouragement for Milky.

"Gomawo, I'm going to cherish this for a long time." Milky hugged the booklet to herself.

"I know you will, Milky. I hope I'll get to see you again soon." Ye Jin hugged the little one, already feeling bittersweet about the end of another season of camp.

"Omo! Oppa!" Milky suddenly let go of Ye Jin when she saw her big brother walking up to them.

Ye Jin's eyes widened when she saw Milky's brother. The little one was not joking at all when she said her brother and Hyun Bin had a strong resemblance to one another. There was no denying that the man in front of her now could pass off as Hyun Bin's self from the future. Maybe...10 to 15 years down the road.

"Princess! How was camp?" Ri Jeong Hyeok swung Milky around before he placed Milky down again.

"It was amazing! Teacher Ye Jin was the best!" Milky gestured to her favourite eonnie.

"Is that her?" Ri Jeong Hyeok chuckled, tousling Milky's hair slightly.

Milky nodded her head and led her brother over to Ye Jin who still hasn't overcome her shock at the obvious resemblance. Who knew?

As for Ri Jeong Hyeok, he was taken aback when he saw the girl who Milky adores so dearly. Did he miss Seri too much? Was he hallucinating? Why does Teacher Ye Jin look so similar to his girlfriend?

Come to think of it, Teacher Ye Jin looked like Seri from her high-school days.

Just then, Hyun Bin joined the little group when he noticed Milky was about to leave. He wanted to say goodbye to one of his favourite campers before she left. In his rush to say goodbye, he almost didn't notice his doppelgänger studying him with widening eyes.

"Aww Milky, how can you leave without saying goodbye?" Hyun Bin pouted.

Before Milky could reply, Hyun Bin finally noticed Ri Jeong Hyeok and a Whoa escaped his lips instantly. It was like looking into a mirror.

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Hyun Bin studied each other, mildly confused, mildly amused by the similarity before Milky interrupted them.

"Oppa, I'm hungry! Can we go home now?" Milky pleaded.

"Of course, sweetheart. It's nice meeting you two. Thank you for taking care of Milky." Ri Jeong Hyeok bowed slightly.

"It was our pleasure! Have a safe trip back!" Ye Jin bid the family goodbye since her childhood friend was still dazed over the whole situation.

"Bye Teacher Ye Jin! Bye Teacher Hyun Bin!" Milky waved as she left, hand in hand with her older brother.

Ri Jeong Hyeok walked out with Milky, shaking his head in amusement by what he has just witnessed. He wondered if Seri would believe him if he told her about her doppelgänger.

"You saw that, right?" Hyun Bin turned to Ye Jin with childlike wonder shining in his eyes.

Ye Jin could only nod mutely, although an amused smile played on her lips as she peered up at her friend.