Chapter 9: Big Baby

"This is the schedule for the collection of orientation packages. Do note that for OGs Aquaman, Spongebob and Triton, there has been a swap in your schedules. Do try to come to classroom 03-04 on time. Gamsahamnida." Ye Jin briefed.

With the start of the new term comes the welcoming of their freshman. That meant orientation was well underway. As the president of the welfare club, Ye Jin and her team were tasked to source the items in the orientation packages as well as distribute them.

Ye Jin prided herself in her organisation skills and this year, she challenged the methods which were used by their seniors in the past. 

Were things more efficient this way? She would find out in an hour or two.

Across the lecture hall, Hyun Bin grinned as Ye Jin stepped off the stage, giving her a thumbs up after she concluded her briefing effortlessly. His girlfriend smiled at him, giving him a small wave before she sat down with her clan.

Being Orientation Group Leaders (OGLs) meant that they could skip their classes for the next three days. Of course, Hyun Bin would never say no to such a privilege. As for Ye Jin, she was simply roped in as an OGL since she was automatically part of the planning committee.

All was good and all except for the fact that they were in different clans. What was worse was their clans typically do not even cross paths since they were on opposite ends of the campus.

It upsets Hyun Bin greatly. Solely because he couldn't see Ye Jin and her eye smiles, Hyun Bin was actually missing classes. At least in class, she was always seated to the diagonal right of where he was seated. That meant they typically only met when their OGs lunch break coincided, which was not often.

But at least today, he had one thing to look forward to; the mass games.

That and the collection of orientation packages. After all, it was why he volunteered to be the Finance I/C. No one in their right mind would volunteer to collect the money but Hyun Bin had been the first to. He would do anything just to see his girlfriend for a little while longer.

And so, the OGLs were dismissed a few briefings later. With joyful hearts, they left to pick up their OG kiddos, ready to begin another day of orientation.

Minutes later, all the OGs were at their respective venues, sitting in their OG circles as the OGLs led them in another round of icebreakers. 

Ye Jin's OG was currently playing Building Bridges where the person on the player's left or right – depending on the direction chosen – would whisper a question in the player's ear and that person would then pick a person in the circle. 

A round of rock, paper, scissors would determine whether the question would be revealed to the circle. If the player loses, they have to reveal the question, else the question would be taken to the grave.

Of course, the reverse to the game was called Burning Bridges but it was too early to play that. The burning should only start on their last day. They had to build the bridges first before they could burn them.

"Who do you think is the most handsome person?" The OG kiddo to her right whispered in her ear.

On any other occasion, the choice would be obvious to Ye Jin. Unfortunately, her boyfriend was not in the circle so she had to pick someone else. 

Pointing at one of her fellow OGLs, Ye Jin smiled victoriously when he lost the game of rock, paper, scissors. The question wouldn't be revealed after all.

A few rounds later, Ye Jin realised that it was time for her shift. Bidding her OG group goodbye, Ye Jin skipped up to the classroom where she busied herself with the orientation T-shirts. Right on the dot, Hyun Bin knocked on the door, a wide grin instantly appearing on his face when he finally saw his beautiful girlfriend.