Chapter 16 Emails (Text Version)

To: hyunbin@meetmehere.com

October 3 3021

I miss you...

To: yejinhand@meetmehere.com

October 4, 3021

Hey babe,

I know you might be feeling a little down these past few days so I hope this will cheer you up a little and make your day better.

I miss you. After so many days of not hanging out with you, I truly miss you a lot. It hit me harder now that I realise I really do miss the days where I can just text you or call you without any worries especially now that we are miles away from each other. That is why I can't wait for the day when I return to your side again.

Don't worry about me, babe. I can't promise I've been feeling a hundred percent...Saying that would mean that I am lying to you...but I'm holding on. I'm more worried that you are crying your eyes out now or not getting enough sleep. Please take care of yourself, Jinnie...for me?

Let's take this one step at a time and know that you'll always be my beautiful Ye Jin. I love you.

From, Binnie

To: yejinhand@meetmehere.com

October 20, 3021

Hi, Jinnie.

I know you have a lot of anxiety with exams approaching. That's normal and I'm not expecting you to be calm about it because I know you. But because I know you so well, I know that most of that stress is just in your head. You're going to ace it, Jinnie, and I am here as moral support whenever you need someone to rant to.

Tough times don't last but tough people do! I have faith that you're going to do tremendously well so show everyone what you've got.

Let's both fight together.

Fighting!

Binnie

To: hyunbin@meetmehere.com

October 29 3021

It's about to be Halloween, Binnie.

I know it's been a while since we dressed up for it but I can't help but look back fondly on the days where we would go trick-or-treating together along our neighbourhood. Do you still remember that time we tried to dress up pineapples? Goodness, I don't even know how we came up with that but it was hilarious when you got the shade of the pineapple wrong. It's not every day we see an orange pineapple. Maybe when you're back we should dress up during Halloween, just like the good old times? You could be anything!

Love,

Jinnie

To: yejinhand@meetmehere.com

November 2, 3021

Jinnie...

I really don't know how to cheer you up when I'm so far away from you. The only thing I can do for you is listen to you and be there for you through this screen but know that I am virtually offering you a thousand hugs and kisses every single day. I'm not the best with words either but I do hope it's enough. Try to enjoy some rest and do everything you want to do. Make memories for me and continue to find joy in the little things in life. Most importantly, know that I love you always. Cheer up, my love.

Binnie

To: hyunbin@meetmehere.com

November 19 3021

I love you, Binnie. Forever and always. Stay strong, babe. I know you will get through this. Still waiting for the day the leaves turn gold so that I can meet you again.

Love,

Jinnie

To: yejinhand@meetmehere.com

December 23, 3021

Hello, my love.

It's raining over here in the US and I'm watching the little raindrops trailing down the window as I type this. I think it's the weather but so many random thoughts and sweet things are racing through my mind right now that I can't even type fast enough. Moments like how you would lay on my lap as you study while I cuddle you are some of the most mundane memories that I miss the most. I also remember the times you would poke my dimples whenever you are feeling cheeky and the times you would run towards the tteokbokki truck right outside our school.

And of course...I wonder about our future too. I often think about our future and thank my lucky stars for bringing you into my life. I don't know what the future holds for us but one thing's for sure. Once I overcome this big hurdle, I'm coming back for you, Jinnie. I might be getting ahead of myself but I sincerely want to start a family with you one day. I want to buy pretty dresses for you, bring you to every country in the world and be the one to shower you with love every single day.

When that day comes, will you let me?

To: hyunbin@meetmehere.com

December 24 3021

Merry Christmas, Binnie.

I honestly don't even know where to start...This year has definitely been one hell of a ride. At the beginning of the year when we went to Camp ICBM, I honestly didn't expect us to get any closer than we already were. And yet, it happened. Crazy right? I know...it still feels surreal to me too that I found a good person in my childhood frenemy. But, I'm glad things turned out the way they did despite all the hurdles we had to go through.

Since we were children, you were always there when I was down and when I'm happy, you were there too. I know the past months have been difficult apart but I haven't lost faith in you or our love. We've had some crazy times together but those are my fondest memories of us too. Do you still remember how we snuck out of dorms at Camp ICBM when we were children? I still remember how we played shadow puppets in that shed and how you lost our little sleeping competition.

Don't worry about me, Binnie. I've been well. I miss you but I promise you I'm taking good care of myself. Stay strong for me Binnie so that we can have more Christmases together. We have so much to look forward to, Binnie and I am earnestly waiting for that day to embrace us. I love you and once again, Merry Christmas.

Jinnie

To: yejinhand@meetmehere.com

January 2, 3022

My love,

Know that my only wish in life is for you to be happy. Whatever happens, don't you ever blame yourself, arasseo? I love you so very much, always have and always will. No matter what happens next, I will always hold you in my heart. I love you.

To: hyunbin@meetmehere.com

January 12 3022

Binnie, what's happening? Why aren't you responding to any of my emails? Say something? I'm scared...please just say something...anything.