Prologue

Not edited.

Eight months had passed since she'd seen her husband. Eight lonely months that he didn't remember who she was, or simply chose not to. Not that he would have been in her bed but at least she wouldn't be feeling so lonely... or forgotten.

The beginning of this nightmare started with her, Elizabeth Foley. She'd called and told him a backer was pulling out on a deal he'd been working day and night on.

It was that night that when Donna realised that she wasnt just a secretary but the woman who graced his bed when they travelled for business.

For business? Ha! How many of those times were just excuses he used so he could be with her? Probably all of them.

It didn't matter now though. Her life was moving forward... without him... with his son.

Four more months and she could legally apply for the divorce she needed to leave Trey Holden behind for good.

His parents had looked on her with pity the night of the accident when a nurse asked her to leave because visitors were restricted to 'family only'. Their look of horror when the nurse called her a liar when she said she was his wife because his wife was in the next room was enough to tell her they had no idea about Elizabeth. Their apologies and disgust were apparent but like all good parents should they would stand by their son.

She went to the hospital wearing a baggy track suit because her bump was showing but it was enough that they didn't notice... Thank God. Trey obviously didn't tell them because they didn't mention anything at all about their grand child... and now they'd never know.

She walked out of the hospital with her head held high. She packed up everything she owned in the house and called her father who came with her brother and loaded it up into a hired van.

Walking away had been difficult but not looking back had been easy. Her father had been told by a mutual business partner that Trey had lost his memory to the point where his father stepped in to run his business while Elizabeth stayed by his side looking after him.

If Trey Holden wanted Elizabeth Foley then Donna Holden nee George was an obstacle he never had to worry about ever again.