Ch 4

Not edited. I must love you all to update so fast. Soooooo about this Trey fellow... mmmm well... let's see shall we? ;)

"Mum I just don't understand why Donna wouldn't come and see me. It isn't like her. None of this makes any sense."

His mother Barbara looked at her son and felt her heart break while at the same time she couldn't understand why he did what he did. This was the Trey in love with Donna that they'd always seen but in a place in his memory's future this was all a lie. A lie they'd never seen.

"Son I'm sure she wants to..."

"Mum if she really wanted to then she'd be here!" The frustration of being cooped up for so long was getting to him and his patience was wearing thin.

"I don't know what to say."

"Tell me what happened then! Tell me why my fiancée hasn't come to see me and yet the girl I grew up with has been here every day! Tell me mum! Help me understand" he pleaded.

"I can't. The doctors..."

"Damn the doctors! What the hell do they know? Just tell me!"

Barbara shook her head.

"You need to remember everything yourself. It's what the doctors..."

"AAAAAHHH! Damn the doctors! I want to know why the love of my life hasn't been to see me and all I get from you and everyone else is what the doctors want. What about me? What about what I want? Mum please, just tell me the truth. What did I do that was so bad she won't come and see me?"

Barbara couldn't look at him as she shook her head yet again. She wanted to tell him, she really did, but after being warned that his mind may not be able to handle the truth at this time it was a risk she wasn't willing to take.

"Did I hurt her?"

Her head snapped around to look at him.

"What?"

"Why else wouldn't she come? She loves me mum so I had to have done something!"

"Son.."

"Did I hit her?" Trey was determined to push his mother until he had answers.

His mother looked horrified and shook her head madly.

"No! No Trey, nothing like that."

"So what? Did I yell at her? Scream at her? Swear at her?"

His mother kept shaking her head.

He grabbed his hair in frustration. What the hell did he...

"I cheated didn't I?" he asked her desperately.

His eyes searched his mothers face looking for anything... a sign.

Barbara sighed and wiped a hand over her face.

"Yes son. You cheated. Now please just..."

"Who?" he demanded.

"Son..."

"God dammit mother. Just tell me who? Don't you think I have the right to know?"

A swirl of material and plastic came through the door with a cheerful greeting that had his mother dropping her gaze to the floor as Elizabeth entered the room.

He looked from his mother to Elizabeth and then back again. His mother refused to look at him again so he looked at Elizabeth again and watched as the smile fell from her face as she realised the rage that Trey was in by the hateful expression on his face.

"Trey..." she started nervously.

"Don't."

He dismissed whatever she was about to say through gritted teeth.

"How the fúck did you and I end up in bed together?"

His words came as a slap in the face to Elizabeth who took a step back and a nervous hand go to her neck.

"You... I...." she couldn't find the words to tell him.

"I fúcked you and lost the love of my life! What the fúck was I thinking?" his words raged at her.

"You love me" she whispered timidly.

"Bullshít. I don't know how the fûck it happened but it won't be happening again. Get out."

"Trey.." she extended a hand towards him and he chuckled darkly at her persistance.

"Don't bother Elizabeth. If I did indeed fúck you then it mustn't have been much because compared to Donna you're nothing."

Elizabeth sobbed while Barbara gasped at the words coming from Trey's mouth.

"Get out. Get out Elizabeth. I don't want to see you, hear from you or know if you're breathing or not. I want my wife!"

The blood ran from Treys face and he started to hyperventilate in such a way that Barbara ran from the room to get a nurse.

"My wife" he whispered between gasps "my wife... I married Donna..."