Ch 15

Not edited.

After realising that he was in no state to drive from the medication Seth asked Lucas when he called to send someone to pick him up and drive him home. Within the hour Lucas and Dane had arrived with Dane driving Seth's car back to th main house and Lucas driving him home.

The look on Lucas' face as he looked around Jones' flat had him shaking his head with his mouth open from shock before he spoke in a solemn tone.

"You know, we still have a punching bag at the main house for times like this. Cheaper too."

Seth smiled a brief smile before replying. His statement stopped when his eyes caught the photo that he'd thrown on the floor. His jaw immediately became firm and his hatred raw.

"I want to go and see him."

Lucas looked at him. He noted the rigid stance of his friend and worker.

"Are you sure that's wise at the moment?"

"Hell yes. I'm not backing down this time boss. He needs to know the score and I want him to hear it from me rather than some fúcked up version from someone else in the family."

"Have you talked with Donna? Is that what she wants? Is she ready to be with you yet?"

Seth shrugged.

"Donna will decide for herself but until she tells me to fúck off I plan to be there as much as I can be" he sighed and ran his good hand over his face "these last few months... well shít boss, I don't need to tell you what it's like just to spend time with your woman."

"Nope. Life's pretty fúcking fantastic right now." Lucas grinned.

Seth looked at him, his expression filled with a longing that Lucas had never seen since the day he'd arrived at the Porter household.

"I want that. I want it so fúcking bad. I want Donna to be my woman. I want..." he stopped when his throat choked up.

"You want what we all want but are too fúcking macho to admit?"

Seth chuckled softly as he nodded. He felt a wave of sleepiness wash over him in waves and stumbled where he was standing. Lucas moved quickly and pulled Jones' good arm around his shoulder and grabbed him around the waist.

"Woah there buddy. We'll deal with him tomorrow. Hell I'll go with you so you don't do anything stupid but  you need some sleep right now..."

"But..."

Lucas wasn't prepared to argue.

"Nope. I'll help you into your room and get into this place."

"Shít Lucas. You don't have to do..."

"Shut it Jones. You're like a brother. Of course I can do it."

Seth regarded him thoughtfully. It was true. The brotherhood between Lucas and those close to him was a loyalty to be praised. Until now he'd felt it but the words had never been said.

"What?" Lucas pretended to be shocked "You think I do this for everyone?"

No more words were said as Lucas helped Jones into his bedroom. A quick scan showed the room had escaped Jones' earlier anger. A relief Lucas was thankful for.

Seth lay down on the bed with a wince as his hand fell with a thump against the pillow. He kicked off his shoes and mumbled thank you as sleep overtook him.

Lucas stood for a moment before switching off the light and going to the loungeroom. He shook his head once more and started to pick up everything that hadn't broken when an idea came to him and had him reaching into his pocket for his phone.

"Simeon... Trey Holden and Elizabeth Foley... find out everything you can and get back to me..." he looked at the room and cringed "oh... and get a couple of guys over here to Jones'. We've got a rampage to clean up."

Twenty minutes later Dane, Jerry and Mitchell walked in.

"Holy shít!" Dane let out a low whistle "Fúck boss. Did you get te number of the fúcking truck that did this?"

Lucas shook his head with a grin.

"Nope but the driver's asleep in the other room so we work fast and as quietly as possible."

"Is he doing ok boss?" Mitchell asked in a concerned voice.

"Yeh" he exhaled "No. Not really. I'm giving him some time off."

"Good luck with that" Dane shook his head with a smirk that showed he'd believe it when he saw it.

"He's got no choice. He banged up his right hand."

The three men in front of him nodded with a combined sense of knowing. His right hand pulled the trigger. Without it he was unable to do what may be required of him to do.

"So, anyway boys, let's do this. Oh and before I forget, I'm staying here tonight so I'm relying on you all to watch over Tara."

Dane moved away and started to pick things up when Jerry replied for them all.

"Simeon has it covered boss. Ain't no one getting near that house without it written in triplicate and signed on the bottom line!"

Again the men all nodded knowingly with light laughs as all talk ceased and the big clean up began.

A groan that followed a thump from the bedroom hours later woke Lucas up from his dozing on the lounge.

A quick walk had him seeing Jones on the side of his bed trying to put on his shoes.

Lucas lent against the door frame with a smile.

"You know, slip ons might be the go for a while."

Seth looked up quickly in surprise.

"You stayed the night?"

"Yeh. But fúck Jones, of you ever want to throw something make sure it's that fúcking lounge and it's going out the damn window!" To emphasise his discomfort Lucas stretched while pushing at his lower back.

Seth laughed.

"Ok. New lounge. Got it."

"Honestly don't rush it. I mean, the guys and I are quite happy to need a chiroprator from staying here."

"Guys?" Seth asked startled.

"Well. Here's the thing. You either stay at the beach house where you have permanent help until your hand is healed or one of the guys stays here on rotation."

"But boss..."

"Nope. Choose."

Seth all but growled.

"Fine. I'll stay at the beach house. At least Maggie will feed me."

Lucas laughed.

"That she will. Between her and Peter the kitchen's always busy."

Seth couldn't stop the grin that plastered itself to his face.

"Great place for meetings... Maggie's kitchen."

The two men laughed again. Both knew that any reason was a good one when it came to Maggie's cooking.

"Right. So let's get out of here. I have a want for some hash browns and a muffin. Then..."

"I want to go and see him." Seth was more sure of that than anything else he'd been sure of for a long time.

"Ok... I'll drive so you can see him... but I'm coming with you."

*****

Boring chapter I know but essential to the story.