Ch 2

Not edited. Hiya. Just a quickie ;)

Donna woke up to hear the love of her life squealing his demands for her attention. She hadn't slept very well after Elizabeth's phone call but as with all other mothers who love their children or in her case, child, she put her need for sleep aside and went to him.

Brenton James Holden was letting his presence be known in the loudest possible way. Picking him up she cooed as she went to the rocking chair that her father had so lovingly restored for this very purpose.

She was glad that she'd chosen to feed him herself and simply expressed for times when she was working. Her mother watched him and loved the chance she had to spoil him saying that Grandma's privilege overode anyone else's when it came to hugs being dished out.

She glanced over at the clock on the dresser and groaned. He was right on time to start the day and she couldn't help bit wish that for once he slept in.

He was the image of his father. It scared her at times because she knew that she could never deny who his father was. She'd battled over his last name for days and finally gave him the heritage he deserved by naming him after Trey. Her own family hadn't understood why but it was the questions she'd get when he was older that made up her mind.

Just like she knew that if Trey hadn't already remembered that she was pregnant then in time he would and she wasn't willing to look like the bad guy in all of this when Trey was the one at fault.

In the beginning he'd lay on the ground so she didn't have to walk in mud if she asked him. He was that in love with her. He made her feel like a fairy princess every single day, nothing was too much and too little always begged for the question of 'do you need anything else?'

Knowing how dramatically things changed broke her heart. He worked and worked to get his company off the ground. His determination was admirable up until he started coming home later and later and at times she got a phone message to say he'd be sleeping on thw lounge in his office.

She hadn't wanted to question what was happening. Truth be known she played turtle and pulled her head in so she didn't have to think.

As she sat there rocking back and forth looking down on the perfect profile of her son a tear slipped when the look on Trey's face came to her from the day she told him that she was pregnant.

If the expression 'stars in their eyes' was true then it was shown to her that day. The love she'd first felt was showered over her for days before the phone calls started again and he had to keep leaving in the middle of the night.

If only she'd been strong enough to walk away then she would have been spared the humiliation at the hospital.

A new wave of strength washed over her as she changed Brenton and settled him back down so she could get ready for the day.

Trey Holden may have had his cake and eaten it too but Donna George was a new age woman whose strength came from the best possible source... truth.

A knock on the door just as she finished showering her scrambling for her towelling robe so she could answer it.

No one visited this early. Was there something wrong? Her parents? Her brother? Was Trey...

Her breath hitched as soon as the door swung open. What was he dong here? How dare he?

"Hello Donna. I'm here to see Brenton." His voice still had the ability to send tremors through her.

"Seth..."