Prologue: The Eventful Meeting

The girl wiped off the sweat which had formed in her forehead as she continued on her trek down the unknown grassland of the Viridian Forest. Despite the seemingly endless maze of green ceiling providing ample shelter from the afternoon sun, the foreign heat of Viridian Forest is a stark contrast to that of the chilly air around Eterna Forest in her home region of Sinnoh.

The girl appeared to be of 11 with creamy blonde hair which nearly reached her knees, covering her left eye, while her attire which consisted of a white, collared blouse and black skirt with open toed heels which definitely aren't suited for trekking in a forestland as that of Viridian Forest but she has managed up until now. She even had a small backpack with her which seemed to have some necessities she packed in before venturing in here. It didn't seem much heavy so one could say it is lightly packed.

Beside her stood a small, bipedal dragon-like Pokémon with primarily blue colored skin. The Pokémon too was tired from the long walking but managed to keep up with her trainer. She had a big mouth filled with sharp teeth and arms that start at the outer edges of her jaws. A red underbelly stretched from her abdomen to the bottom of her jaw. The Pokémon had two horns that resembled jet engines and on the top of her head, a dorsal fin.

"Are you okay, Gible? Or do you want to get back into your pokéball?" The girl asked while running a hand down her hair as she took a small pause in her steps.

"Gi gible." The said Pokémon named Gible shook her head. She would rather not go back in her pokéball until they are back to the camp.

"Okay but don't overexert yourself--" Her eyes widened as she came to a disheartening realization. One of her black tear drop pins with yellow stripe on the middle was missing. The said black ornaments were valuable to her as it was a gift from her parents on her ninth birthday. She felt dreaded while imagining their upset faces on hearing that she lost one of them. Right now, she was in a dilemma whether to look out for it in this vast grassland or do what she came here for.

"Ble?"

"It's nothing. Let's move on." The girl shook head trying to ease her Pokémon of her worries. She would look out for the pin on her way back.

The Pokémon and trainer duo moved on a short distance only to stop when their eyes landed on a flock of at the very least nine plump-sized avian Pokémon with primarily brown fur and cream colored face.

The girl had read and learned about this native bird Pokémon of Kanto region in the summer camp she is attending right now and thus knows that these Pokémon, also called Pidgey are harmless.

This isn't the thing she is looking for but they will definitely be helpful for Gible to be a target practice. The Pokémon sensing what her trainer wanted from her, stood in position. The opposing group of Pidgeys were soon alarmed by their presence halting their hunt for food while scanning their apparent opponents.

"Gible, Dragon Rage!"

Gible inhaled before letting loose a blue fireball of draconic energy at the opposing flock who unfortunately were faster than her which was proved by them skillfully dodging the attack by flying away from the line of the attack.

Seeing this, Gible changed her direction of attack as well, attempting another Dragon Rage towards the flock. This time the Pidgeys scattered into nine different directions while the attack went on ahead without any pause and blasted a nearby tree.

"Gible!"

Before anyone from the trainer and Pokémon could do anything, the group of Pidgeys flapped their wings, sending powerful gusts at both of them. The pressure of their combined wind attack was so much that it managed to send the two of them flying to a thick tree and the impact caused the girl to spin to the side and knock her left knee on the tree's bark.