Chapter Seven: Godey's Journal

The man sitting alone in the well lit room adjusted his specs for the umpteenth time while continuing to read a worn and torn journal with so much concentration as if he were trying to unravel it's secrets to the world. 

He was so engrossed in reading that it took a while for him to notice the disturbing wavelengths shown on the monitor of his computer. He kept the journal aside to try and understand what the fuss was about when the building begin to shake and so did his equipment arranged neatly on the table. 

An hourglass of his hit the ground before getting shattered into pieces right in front of his eyes. After the shaking stopped. 

"This is bad." He gulped, running a hand through his light violet hair. Once again he begin reading the journal. He had plans to finish reading this journal today at any costs.

______________________________________________________________

"Headbutt!"

"Karate Chop!"

Cranidos launched himself once again at the direction of his foe who had his arms glowing in a white aura. His hard head clashed with Machop's fists locking them into a stalemate until the latter went ahead and kicked him in the gut to create sufficient distance between them.

Having been kicked Cranidos switched to long-range attacks by charging flames in between his jaws before releasing a violent torrent of flames at his foe. Machop's arms glowed in an emerald draconic hue as he brought them in front of him in an X-fashion to block the attack head on. He skidded back but was able to sustain less injuries. 

"Charge straight in with Dual Chop!" Xavier commanded.

"Retaliate with Zen Headbutt!" Roark countered. No way was he going to give any openings to his opponent.

Draconic energy and psychic energy collected in their respective arms and heads before they clashed in the middle of the field once again. Whenever one threw a move, the other always seemed to have a counter for that one making this battle an endless duel of stalemates and more likely shifting to a battle of endurance on who lasts longer. 

'The only key to beating him is using Bulk Up to the limit. That is all I can think of at this situation.' Xavier pondered on his next course of action. Rock-types do have tough defenses which is why breaking that is the key to winning against them.

"Bulk Up!" 

Clashing in their stalemated position, a red aura surrounded Machop's frame, eliciting a grin from him before he begin pushing back his opponent. The Attack plus Defense boost is finally showing results.

'If he is going to use that then I will have to outmaneuver him with speed.' Roark calculated while he noticed Cranidos being struck twice by Machop. "Rock Polish! Then Flamethrower!"

The shiny luster came over the Headbutt Pokémon once again before he created a large distance between them in the blink of an eye before firing off a huge torrent of flames. Machop rolled over behind a rock protrusion before pulling it out from the ground and using it as a shield against the attack. It worked.

"Keep using Flamethrower to maintain distance!" Roark called out.

Giving out a battle cry of approval, the Headbutt Pokémon maintained the flame onslaught at Machop who was trying his best not to get hit by it. Either by rolling over or using the rock protrusions as shields.

"This is getting me nowhere. I got to gamble it." Xavier muttered witnessing the current exchange of attacks in front of him. "Machop get hit by the flames!"

"Cho?"

"Just trust me." Xavier assured. "This will help us win the battle."

Machop did not know what his trainer is up to but he knew to trust Xavier and his judgement. It was him who aided him in his revenge battle against Graveler in the Oreburgh Gate. Holding on his word, Machop jumped into the line of flames and took the attack head on. He felt like his skin was burning from the blazing flames but he still held onto it.