Chapter Eight: Galactic Face-off

Reaching the checkpoint of supposed commotion, Xavier surprisingly found Professor Rowan in the middle of it all. He wasn't alone though as there were a pair of men wearing spacesuit like costumes with bowl-cut turquoise colored hair arguing with the said Professor.

'What's with the fashion sense?!' The Kanto native really wanted to have a good laugh at trolling the fashion sense of the people but the matter in front of him seemed serious. Also he took note of the golden colored 'G' inscribed on their suits. The two of them even had pokéballs on them and on that regard, Professor Rowan was pretty much unarmed.

"And why should I hand my important research details on whom I spend hours to a bunch of cosplayers?" Professor Rowan held the handle of his briefcase in a tight grip. 

"We are no bunch of cosplayers, old fart!" One of the grunts growled in response. "We are the infamous Team Galactic! And we are no joke mind you."

"Do you think raising your voice at a higher pitch than mine will prove your superiority?" Professor Rowan kept his calm and professional demeanor during the whole charade. "If that is how your mindset works than you are sorely mistaken."

"That's does it! You have insulted us far too much old man!" The other Galactic grunt seemed to have even much shorter fuse than his partner. "Don't blame us if you get hurt!"

He raised his left arm to shove the esteemed Professor to the ground in front of everyone. But that never happened as the grunt felt his arm locked in tight grip. He looked to see who dared to interrupt in his task, his eyes meeting with an irritated pair of silver eyes. 

"Who the f--!" Before he could complete his sentence, a punch was delivering right at his ribs throwing him away. His partner caught him before he could hit the concrete ground. Xavier had already let go off his grip when he punched the grunt.

"Don't you people know how to treat the elderly?" Xavier looked down on them, rubbing his fist. Then glancing back at the Evolution Expert with a concerned gaze. "You alright Professor? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Shard?" Professor Rowan recovered from the sudden shock. Things happened too quickly for him though his facial expressions remained unchanged. "No, I am unharmed. And you were right about one thing. These gentlemen lack basic manners. I pray you don't grow up like these sorry specimen."

"I will keep that advice in mind Professor Rowan." Xavier seemed relieved seeing his 'benefactor' unharmed. 

"You are mocking us now!" The grunt that had caught his partner yelled out, glaring daggers at Xavier. The latter returned the favor with an equally intense glare which the turquoise-haired grunt male didn't expect. 

"You lack even the basic manners of not interrupting two people when they are having a conversation." Professor Rowan reprimanded them for their lack of basic manners, successfully ticking them off. Xavier on the other hand wondered about Professor Rowan's blood pressure.

"That does it! We are going to teach you a lesson by beating this brat to a pulp!" The grunts declared, eyeing the two pokéballs on the Kanto native's belt. "And nab his Pokémon as a bonus."

'Brat?! I will show you how calling me that will be your biggest mistake.' Xavier's expression darkened. He unclipped both his pokéballs getting ready for the inevitable battle about to take place. 

He could take all amounts of curses and abuses thrown at him but the term "brat" didn't sit well with him at all. It ticked him off to no end and wanted to give the speaker a good beating. Right now though it won't be possible given the crowd these Galactic grunts had attracted to themselves. He needs to show that he does have civic sense and basic manners of not starting a fight in the middle of the streets and create a scene.