Chapter Fourteen: Visions

"Is this what you are looking for miss?" The burly looking shopkeeper inquired, handing out a curved, light green feather, similar to the shape of the crescent moon. The feather was tied to a thread and a small bright star was attached to the tip of the feather for decoration purpose.

Cynthia held the feather in her palm, checking out the feather with a great amount of concentration. It was indeed the genuine item she was looking for as it matched with the description of the feather given in books and research documents about the Lunar Duo.

"Yes this is what I needed." Cynthia nodded. "But how did you find a Lunar Feather in this place?"

A Lunar Feather isn't an item that is commonly found anywhere. It belonged to the Mythical Pokémon of dreams, Cresselia, also called as the Pokémon who grants sweet dreams and is the complete opposing force to Darkrai. Just mere sighting of Cresselia is a rare and once in a lifetime occurrence.

"Well there is saying that wherever there is a Darkrai, there shall be sightings of Cresselia too given how she is an opposing force to the Nightmare Pokémon" The shopkeeper explained scratching the back of his head. "We even got a shrine made for Cresselia at the outskirts of the town just to keep the nightmares away. You know people and their beliefs."

"But surprisingly Cresselia did pay a visit some years back and dropped few of her feathers near the temple premises." The shopkeeper added. "That's how we got our hands on them."

"Does the Darkrai cause problems for the residents daily?" Cynthia asked. 

"You would be surprised to know....it doesn't at all." The shopkeeper answered. "It hardly shows itself in the open. All we have known since we were little kids that there is a Darkrai residing in Godey's Garden but we hardly saw it. Another reason why the garden is open to tourists since we are convinced that the Darkrai won't be appearing in front of them."

Cynthia silently processed the information after having paid the money for the Lunar Feather. If the Darkrai never bothered to appear before the residents before then why did it bother to show itself openly now. Why cause destruction to ancient structures in the garden to gain more attention? The Pokémon graded as Mythical have always been fickle-minded beings with most of their actions being outside the realm of common sense. 

'Should I ask him what kind of nightmare he saw?' The champion questioned herself, gripping the Feather tightly. The image of Xavier making unpleasant facial expressions was still fresh on her mind so she debated on asking him about the nightmare he was shown. 'Though I don't think that is a good idea.'

Her eyes then traveled to the feather she held in her hands. Maybe just giving it to him for now will suffice. The mysterious powers bestowed upon this feather by Cresselia will be enough to dispel anymore nightmares for the time being and help him get better quicker. If Xavier actually feels like opening up, he will do so himself. She will just have to give him some time for that.

__________________________________

"A power that can distort even space?" Professor Rowan asked, not even bothering to hide the surprise in his tone. "You are claiming that the strange happenings in the town are related to something that has the power distort space and not Darkrai."

Tonio nodded before showing the readings of disturbances he had been recording for the past few days ever since the unusual tremors starting occurring. Despite countless investigations there were no traces of how and where the tremors originated from. The only proof Tonio got his hands on was the manner in which the structure in Godey's Garden was destroyed.

"And what makes you think Darkrai is not at fault here?" Carolina inquired with a sharp gaze. The ruckus caused by the Pitch Black Pokémon in the morning doesn't exactly show how it is not related to everything that has been happening.