Chapter Eleven: Catching Up

Despite the initial disturbance mid-flight, they faced no problem during their landing. They all landed in a clearing whether there were other hot-air balloons lined up for rides. Alice proceeded to put hers in the line while the passengers de-boarded the ride. Professor Rowan knowing where he has to go, separated from the group leaving the three trainers be.

Xavier too wished to roam and explore the town on his own and thus the remaining two tagged along with Alice. Once the two trainers went along with the guide, leaving the Kanto native to his devices, he tapped on his pokéball to call out his Fire-pup in the open.

"Up for a walk around the town?"

"Rawr!" Growlithe nodded in confirmation. Unlike the training session Xavier pulled off early in the morning, this seems much better of an option to him. 

As the trainer and Pokémon duo were having their walk around the town, they felt the festive mood in their surroundings. The town had been decorated mostly for the Contest. In an establishment where contests are given more importance, the town is generally decorated in this manner to emphasize on the contests more. 

On the streets, there were trainers who were battling out with each other. There were also some Pokémon Coordinators who were freely showing off the combination of moves their Pokémon had mastered and their flawless control over it. Children who were yet to become trainers were roaming around with their parents or guardians, enjoying the festival. He observed that most people around were trying out the cotton candy available around.

Growlithe rubbed his front left paw on Xavier's feet, catching his attention. He then pointed to a trainer sharing her cotton candy with her Pokémon and stared at Xavier with pleading eyes.

"I get it. You want to try that out too." Only one glance at his Pokémon's pleading expression was enough for Xavier to understand what he wanted. No further words were needed to be exchanged. "Let's find this cotton candy seller."

The search for the seller didn't last long as his eyes soon found a cotton candy vendor at the corner, handing out the delicacies out to the buyers. What caught his eyes even more than the cotton candy being sold out is a familiar long, blonde-haired buyer along with her all-to familiar Glaceon.

Seeing the Ice-type Eevee-evolution, Growlithe's eyes narrowed as he got reminded of the defeat he faced few days ago. He was about to bark out to him but then decided against when he noticed a hat on Glaceon's trainer's head which was partially hiding their face.

They must be trying to hide from the eyes of the public to prevent a repeat of what happened at Jubilife. 

'Is that what she calls disguise?' Xavier controlled his chuckling before shaking his head. He then went up and picked up Growlithe in his arms. "Come on let's get our cotton candy too."

Seeing his trainer ignore the Glaceon's trainer, the Fire-pup choose to ignore his self-proclaimed rival. Not everyday you lose to someone you were to have type advantage over. Right after the blonde woman was done with her purchase, Xavier stepped right in to buy two cotton candies, one for himself and one for his Pokémon.

While Xavier was paying for the delicacies, Growlithe left his hold and went for his shoulders. Perfectly balancing himself on his trainer's shoulders, he expectantly waited for the purchase to be done. The Kanto native swore he could feel his Pokémon drooling over the cotton candy.

"Easy there." Xavier exited the line, now holding two cotton candies in his hands. One for him to snack on and the other for Growlithe to do the same.

Resuming his walk, he entered into a much more open area in the town, in contrast to the narrow streets. There were many mobile cafés littered around the place with temporary chairs and tables arranged mostly due to the festive season in the town. On one of the tables he noticed the blonde woman and her Glaceon. Sporting a subtle grin on his face, he approached the pair.