Chapter Two: Trainer Card

"Lucas?" Dawn mumbled gazing at the direction from where the shout came, the source of the voice walking up towards them with a briefcase in hand and an incredulous expression on his face.

Barry on the other hand was too much focused on balancing himself to not to fall on his face from the sudden shout and finally did it. He saved himself from falling. 

"What were you two idiots thinking?" Lucas came over and literally jabbed Barry in the chest with his finger.

"Wait! You are calling us two idiots and jabbing only me in the chest? Why not Dawn?" Barry complained.

"What the--" Lucas's face heated up and same could be said for Dawn before she kicked Barry which ultimately made him fall face first on the ground.

"What was that for?!" Barry complained once again before he finally put two and two together after observing their heated up faces for a few good seconds. "Oh I get it. Sorry Dawn.."

"You can be insensitive and clueless sometimes.." Dawn sighed calming down rather quickly. Knowing her childhood friend way better than anyone, she should be used to his antics now. But why in front of Lucas did he had to behave like that?

"Well that aside, who's bright idea was it to cross the wilderness in order to get to Sandgem?" Lucas pointed out to the abundant wilderness behind him. He had came from the same direction after all.

"Barry." Dawn stated flatly, pointing her thumb towards the blonde who seemed very proud of himself for suggesting the idea.

"And I am going to bet my beret that you forgot about what I said last week." Lucas wanted to smack his face but refrained from it at the moment.

"What did you say last week again?" Barry was trying hard to remember it, but even he as well as Dawn and Lucas know that it would be pointless.

"That I would personally come and hand over your Starter Pokémon once the Professor returns from his Kanto trip." Lucas reminded. "And I told you to inform that to Dawn as well."

"Hey, you never told me that!" Dawn glanced at her friend with surprise and shock both visible in her eyes. "I would have never agreed on this stupid idea of yours!"

"You know me. I forgot to inform you that in my excitement. Plus it was my birthday that day ya know." Barry sheepishly rubbed the back of his head while stating his reasoning.

Both Lucas and Dawn sighed at the same time at the antics and usual habits of their friend but weren't angry or anything at all. They had been together even before their days in the Pokémon School and knew each other very well. Plus they always had each others' back whenever needed.

"What's past is past. Let's focus on the fact that I brought your starters just like I promised." Lucas showed off the briefcase. Hearing this the excitement level of his two friends standing before him rose. 

The assistant chuckled before he undid the lid of the briefcase and opened it in front of them. Inside the briefcase lay three pokéballs with a Grass, Water and Fire sticker pasted on them to identify the type of Pokémon encased in there.

"Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar." Lucas pointed to the three pokéballs in order as he took the names which clarified the types of the Pokémon as well. "Which one are you two going to pick?"

Barry had already decided his own even before leaving his house so all the decision making lay upon Dawn. Also Barry being a gentleman let the lady pick first. Dawn now stood in front of Lucas with her gaze directed at the three alchemic spheres from where she is going to have to pick one of them. That one Pokémon was going to be her partner for her journey of greatness around Sinnoh.