chap. 5

I went straight to my room and got change into a loose jean and a simple white top but I didn't forgot my favorite cat hoodie, I didn't put on the hood though, mira climbed up my head and laid on the top of my head, I'm actually use to this so I tried to keep my chin up so she won't fall.

Along the way out I bumped into onee-chan so we decided to go downstairs together, by the time ww arrived at the living room we saw ukyo-san just arriving with three or four plastic bags and they look very heavy.

"Okaeri ukyo-san!" Both of us greeted him with a smile, the blonde was suddenly surprise and looked at us in disbelief "ukyo-san?" We said again at the same time snapping him out of his trance "sorry, it's just been so long since someone greeted me like this, thank you" greeted? You mean a 'welcome home' greet? This house have more than five people in it and yet no one greeted him like that? I guess there are cons in pros in having a big family too.

"Let me help you with that" I grabbed one plastic bag from his grip and carried it to the kitchen counter, he thanked me and ema before saying "oh that reminds me, fuuto's here, have you girls met him?" Yes we did.

"Hai, we just did earlier" emanee-chan explained " that's good, I doubt it that he'll be home tomorrow so I told him to at least try to fine time to come home today" tomorrow? Is there something going on tomorrow? Before I could ask nee-chan beat me to it.

"Tomorrow?" Ukyo-san suddenly stopped and looked at us in confusion before having a 'realization' in his mind "oh yes!, silly me, I forgot to tell you that it's Subaru's birthday tomorrow" subaru-kun's birthday! How exciting, oh wait I didn't got him anything!

"Really? How sweet of you to celebrate it for him" nee-chan replied while I was busy thinking on what to get him.

"We don't usually make a fuss over each other but his turning twenty so it's a little special for him" ok now I'm really panicking! It's a special day so I really really have to get him something special, but what? I'll worry about that later

"Um....if you need something, we--we can help you" I quietly said hoping that he heard me, and it looks like he did, he smiled at me "thank you for that, Infact I do need some little help, can you do that cake?" Cake? That's easy.

" Hai!" Both me and nee-chan happily replied.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The next day, the two of us went out to buy the ingredients for subaru-kun's birthday cake but we seemed to have a little problem.

"These are so heavy!!" I whined while trying to carry two heavy plastic bags, Why does it feels like I'm carrying bricks? My arms are gonna fall off!

"Yeah, I'm tried" ema-neechan said before dropping her two plastic bags and crouched down to rest, I did the same

"Ai, daizuboka?" Mira looked up to me from my right shoulder, I smiled and patting her little head covered in white fur with my index finger while saying "I'm fine mira, it's just that these bags are so heavy, I'm sure subaru-kun can carry these without problem" I said in a daze before I realized what I just said, My face turning red from embarrassment.

"Hahahaha, looks like Ai have a crush" emanee-chan teased which made me more flustered and quickly denied it
" wh--what!! No, No, No! That's not it nee-chan!!-----I mean yes I admire him but It doesn't mean I have a crush on him or anything!!---I just said that because I see him run around the campus so early in the morning and after school, plus his in the basketball team so---so--!!" I said rapidly while stuttering along the way, nee-chan only chuckled more While I was wishing that I could dig a hole right now and hide in it.

"Hahahha, alright that's enough---" nee-chan suddenly stopped what she was about to say and turned her head back, I asked her what's wrong "I thought I saw someone" someone? I looked at the direction she was looking at and I don't see anyone at all "maybe it's just you imagination" mira said, nee-chan looked hesitant for awhile before shaking her head "your right, let's go now"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

They didn't knew that there really was someone standing there and accidentally eavesdropped on what they were saying.

Behind the wall was a male named subaru with his red face similar to Ai and his hand covering his mouth, eyes wide open.

"Why am I hiding? There is nothing to hide about!......but I didn't expect that someone was paying attention to what I do....She have a crush on....me?"

The male mentally said to himself upon remembering what the gentle and fragile looking Ai said.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Tadaima!" Finally we're home! I put down the heavy plastic bags but when the two of us looked ahead we saw a pair of legs on the floor

"Louis-kun?!" We rushed to his side checking if his injured or anything but the lazy male just looked up to us, his half-lidded eyes scanned us.

"Chi-chan?, Ai-chan?, Your home?" He asked, chii-chan? Only juli called nee-chan that, But putting that aside.

"Why are you on the floor, are you hurt?" Nee-chan asked with worry written all over her face, louis-kun only smiled and pointed at the couch

"I wanted to sleep on the couch but I was too sleepy and didn't make it" eh? Are serious? This guy can not get anymore lazier,

"Louis is a weird guy~pu" mira said and meowed at him lazingly, I didn't notice that a wide smile spread my lips along with a small giggle from me, before I knew it I covered my mouth with my hand and blushed hard.

"Your so cute, Ai-chan" louis-kun said honestly, I avoided his eyes with my hand still on my mouth.

We explained about the heavy plastic bag that we were carrying was for subaru-kun's birthday cake that ukyo-san asked us to make.

"Do you mind if I style your hairs for Subaru's birthday?" He asked, Emanee-chan got on board with it immediately but I on the other hand wasn't.

I was planning on running away but nee-chan gripped my back collar not letting me escape thus dragging me to my room to look for a dress for me alongside with louis-kun of course.