chap. 12

The monk and the cross-dresser(part 2)...

"You can hear peoples' heartbeats?" He asked

"I can hear many things, the water drops landing on the ground, the sound of birds tweeting, the sound of grass rustling as the wind went pass them..I can hear emotions.... People tend to hide their emotions deep in their hearts but I can hear them, The screams, the joy, the sadness, the anger...and the love inside their heart" although there are many emotions that I can't identify yet but I'm....learning.

"That's a weird.... talent, especially hearing it from someone like you" he said, I chuckled even more, tell me about it.

" What are you doing here, Ukyo-san? " I asked, he rolled up his sleeves.

"nothing much"

I watched him cut the meat while just staying in silence, We both didn't mind the extra company with each other.

That was until something unfamiliar caught my attention...

Who?

A hand landed on my shoulder, I almost screamed in surprise as I ran to Ukyo-san and hid behind him, hugging him from behind out of fear.

Closing my eyes and refusing to open them.

"Hikaru, I told you to stop doing that...look what you did, you scared her!" Ukyo-san scolded to someone, hikaru? Who's that?

I still hid behind him as I listened into the unfamiliar sound getting closer to us, although it's someone I don't know, I do know that he or she doesn't have any ill intention toward us to I didn't move from where I stood as they come closer.

He/she stopped right beside me, I clench Ukyo-san's shirt even tighter.

Soon, soft and gentle fingertips caressed my right cheek, I flinch a bit before relaxing into it, Slowly opening my eyes and trailing my eyes upward to meet the unknown person.

A girl?

A very beautiful girl at that, long silky orange hair matched with beautiful jade green eyes, kiri~

"There~, there~, I'm not going to hurt you" she said, her voice sounds... unexpected for a girl...

" It's ok Ai, this is hikaru the fourth son" eh? Fourth son? SON?! You means she's a he?!

"Hahaha" seeing my shocked state, hikaru-san laughed at me, I hid even more behind ukyo-san trying to hide my embarrassed face.

"Hikaru" ukyo-san said his name once more but with more warning in it, signalling that he better stop or something bad will happen to him.

"Hahahaha, I'm sorry big brother.... It's just that she's so adorable that I can't resist" hikaru-san took a few more breath to calm himself down after laughing so hard, he smiled more genuinely to me before taking two boxes from the side.

"Anyways, someone very special tasked me to give these to you and to your sister" he said, holding a big pink box which I assumed is for nee-chan and a white box for me, gazing back to Ukyo-san, he smiled and gave a slight nod, I stepped out from behind him, receiving the box in my hand, blushing while faintly saying "arigato.."

Hikaru-san smiled gently toward me which mesmerized me even more, he softly pat my head, Realizing that his man is someone I can trust, I leaned into his touch even more..

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I quietly entered Nee-chan's room and pit the pink box on her desk top so she can see it tomorrow.

I slipped out her room trying not to wake her up, I know she's been worked up and stressed recently so I want her to have a good night rest.

I entered my room then I opened the box to see what was inside it...

It's mu dress for the wedding!! Oh my gosh it's so beautiful!..

It almost makes me feel like I'm not worth it to wear such a beautiful dress..

A beautiful off shoulder white dress with long sleeves and the dress is long enough to cover my legs,

Papa and Ms.miwa's wedding is finally here!

I'm so excited and a bit nervous for my surprise gift to papa and to everyone else in the wedding.

I hope nothing wrong happens tomorrow.