chap.11

The monk and the cross-dresser....

"Bye, bye nee-chan!" Wataru hugged me before running toward masaomi-kun while waving goodbye to us once again.

"Ai, take it easy, ok?" Nee-chan had her hand on my shoulders while her eyes reflect her worries.

" Maybe I should just stay home for tod--" "nee-chan, I'll be fine, promise" I said, trying my best to reassure her, she looked even more worried and about to say something when yuuske-kun called for her, since it's time for them to head to school.

"Itadashai" I softly said and faintly smiled, nee-chan reminded juli and mimi to look for me, again.

Rolling my eyes a little for their overprotective habits.

Not long after, everyone started to head out, I sat on the couch while seeing them off one by one, soon the house became silent.

I finally slumped down the couch, I could never show my vulnerability to anyone, Other than juli and mimi, I just have to make till papa's wedding, I can't let them know about this or else knowing my overprotective nee-chan and papa, they might cancel the wedding just to take me to the hospital and that is the last thing that I wanted to Happen.

Before I knew It, I fell asleep on the couch with mimi and juli sleeping on my stomach.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke up when I felt being lifted up and carried in someone's arm in a bridal style, My eyelids are dropping heavily, But I looked up with a half-lidded eyes to see who the mysterious person is.

A 'ding' sound was heard, meaning that we about to enter the elevator.

"Ka..name..-san?" My voice faintly said, he looked down on me and smiled "ara~? Are you awake, princess?" He sweetly said, I felt a shuffle in my stomach, There slept a little juli and mimi still unshaken by this, it's a good thing too.

"Okaeri" I smiled at him, his eyes softened before smiling back.

if this keeps on I don't think I can attend Miss Miwa and papa's wedding at all.

"Why do you try to hide it?" He asked, I then realized that it was no use denying it from him since he must have already noticed it.

"I just... don't want to worry anyone, I'll be fine" I said, the elevator dinged again, the elevator door opened and he carried me to my room, Sitting me down on my bed, I thought he would say a few words before walking out but to my surprise he sat beside me.

I gently laid mimi and juli on my lap, kaname-san would not go away without an answer.

"I have.. always been sickly and frail as far as I can remember, Nee-chan, juli, mimi and papa are always constantly worried and overprotective of me because of it...I just don't want to worry anyone else" I said, he didn't said anything and just carefully caressed my hair before getting up and planting a soft kiss on top of my head.

"I hope you can tell us more about yourself in the future, Ai, we're your family after all" he said before walking out of my room, not forgetting to close the door behind him...

"We're your family after all..." What he said echoed in my mind until I just let myself fall on my bed and made a staring contest with the ceiling.

Oh dear...

---

"Just one more...." Handing me my fifth medicine in my hand as I groaned and gulped in up, I hate taking medicine.

"Good job, Ai" nee-chan patted my back as I handed her my now-empty glass and putting in on my bedside table.

"Do you think we should tell this to papa?" " No!" I didn't knew I raised my voice a little when I answered her questions, she was taken back a little before I shook my head "Papa's wedding is important to him--to us, so I don't want to ruin it" I explained, Nee-chan offered to sleep in my room to keep me company but since we've been noticing that My condition is getting somewhat better little by little I declined, I don't want her to lose sleep because of me.

Later that night, I find myself widely awake and it's almost midnight, Maybe a little walk around the house can tire me out to sleep.

I put on a jacket before slipping my feet into my slipper and quietly exiting my room...

My hearing picked up some peaceful sleeping breathing of everyone, well except one, Ukyo-san? Why is he up in this hour? I followed the source of the gentle heartbeat as it led me to...the kitchen..

"Ai?....why are you awake in this hour? Are you alright?" He immediately bombarded me with questions, I only pulled a chair from nearby and sat on it infront of the kitchen counter as I smiled as him faintly..

"Gomeni...I couldn't sleep so I came down here to walk around" I explained, putting my arms on the counter and burying my face in my arms.

"I've been noticing that you aren't coming out of your room lately, You can hardly join us to eat, is everything alright?" He asked again, as expected from an attentive person, he noticed it.

" I'm fine, just been... resting" I half-lied and half-truth, He looked unconvinced though, aiya...

"Ukyo-san heartbeat is like a calming music" I changed the topic before he can ask anything else about my condition.

"My.... heartbeat?" He asked, eyes wide with curiosity and shock, I chuckled lightly with how his face looked.

"Everyone have different heartbeats, Ukyo-san is like the calming, cloudless sky...soft breeze and a beautiful shade of blue that can make anyone keep on looking up to it.... it's so soft, calming and soothing, it make's you feel safe, and calm under it" chuckling again, People always have funny reaction when I told them about this.