chap 18.

day at the pop up gamer convention......

"pop up gamer convention?"

Tsubaki-san swung his arm across my shoulder, smiling bashfully.

"Yes Ai-chan, since you and ema are a fan of video games we thought it might be a good place for you to visit, plus azusa and I are doing a show there" he said, I played only a few video games, I can't say I'm a gamer or anything, I just do it to keep nee-chan company or just to kill time.

"We would love to go!" Nee-chan beamed in excitement, of course she'll go, it's a gamer convention--and stuff.

"I don't mind going, I don't have anything to do anyways" Other than panicking among the crowd of people, which I'm very uncomfortable with but.... seeing nee-chan and tsubaki-san doing the puppy eye thing, I can't resist.

"Yay!, My cute imouto-chans are going!" He hugged us close to him.

Azusa-san just mouthed a 'sorry' behind tsubaki, I shook my head telling him that it's ok and smiled.

"Ai-chan daizuboka? Will you be fine on your own?" Mimi rubbed her head on my cheeks, gently chuckling I rubbed my cheek back at her.

"I'll be fine...but I do need you to distract juli, just enough time for us to get away" Knowing how juli is, he'll most likely say 'don't go with those wolves! ' and other stuff.

---

"Ready?" Yuuske-kun offered to go with us, ukyo-san also thought that it will be a good idea to have someone keep an eye on us, especially nee-chan since her love for games will probably take over her mind and she will just run around the place, from booth to booth.

"Hai!" Nee-chan and I replied.

"Let's go then"

---

"Ah, Ai! Wait!" Before exiting the building, I heard Subaru running after us--me.

"Subaru-kun?" His usual stiffed up face with a blush on his cheek, he constantly rub his nape while avoiding eye contact, kawaii~.

"...here" he handed me a blue....headphones?

"This is...?"

"It's a noise cancelling headphones....I don't use them as much so I thought about giving it to you instead....it might help with your hearings" My heart melted at this, Someone....cared about me, indeed... Having a family is wonderful.

"... Arigato" tear prickling at the corner of my eyes, I smiled at him gently and warmly.

---

Noise cancelling headphones should cancel out all outside noises but with someone like me who can almost hear a pin drop, it blocked some of the sounds and made me less scared and anxious about everything, I can still hear nee-chan as clear as always and everyone else who is near me.

This is a blessing...

---

"Sugoi!"

"There's a lot of people here"

"Waa!"

The three gawked in shock, ema had stars in her eyes, yuuske looking around among the crowd, Ai fiddling with her fingers anxiously.

'what if I get lost or get carried away by the crowd' she thought, eying the ocean of people ahead of them.

"Stay close to me alright?" Yuuske held her hand, Trying to get her to calm down, Ai nodded slowly, sticking close to the red haired and tightly gripping his hand.

'as juli always says, take me to the battlefield!'

---

"Oh, there you are, I thought you got lost or something" azusa opened the door for the three, With a smiling ema and yuuske, while Ai felt like her soul is barely hanging into her.

"Daizuboka?" Azusa asked, poking her cheeks.

"Hai......that was a lot of.. people" she said, the twin only laughed at her words, indeed today was a lot of work, they don't blame her for getting tired like this, they themselves are beaten up by all the work they did.

"You can rest now Ai-chan, yoshi, yoshi You did well" they patted her Head then speaking to her like how an adult would speak to a toddler.

"Hmp, stop teasing me!" She shouted, pouting her lips in annoyance.

The four older siblings just laughed at her, she puffed her cheeks out even more, Glaring at them, she looks like a small squirrel when somebody took their acorns away.

They began conversing about something , I think it was about a demo? Game? I can't remember anymore because my eyelids were dropping meaning that my body had reached it's limit.

Before collapsing, A hand grasped my forehead, forcing me up and preventing me to fall.

The last thing I heard was a beautiful sound of two Harmonious heartbeat, it was like they were beating as one, so different yet to perfect for each other..

I'm sleepy...