chap. 8

Drunk...

Ai's POV

"You got really nice pictures nee-chan" While checking the pictures in nee-chans camera a warm feeling went across my heart as I saw the pictures, smiling and happy faces are everywhere,
it's nice to have a big family.

"I think I forgot my phone downstairs, I'll go get it" nee-chan smiled at me before she went out of the room.

"Told you it will just be fine, You need to start believing in yourself more Ai-chan, your eyes are beautiful~meow" mira nuzzled her head softly in my neck, I chuckled and patted her fur softly "arigato mira".

--

I went back to my room after a wave of tardiness came to me, even before nee-chan came back I already got on my bed not bothering to change out of my dress at all, god I'm so tired, in my sleep I heard a big 'thud' sound but I just ignored it thinking that maybe someone dropped something or bumped into something.

I woke up in the middle oh the night, There's a distress, sad and angry sound that is distrupting my sleep, I stood up sleepily, my half-lidded eyes ready to fall asleep anytime soon, I dragged my feet to where the sound is coming from, from the living room specifically.

The sound is coming from behind the couch, wait behind the couch? I put my knees on the couch and looked behind it, seeing a rather sober looking and guilty Looking subaru-kun leaning against the back of the couch.

I rested my cheek on the couch with my head still looking down at him, he didn't even noticed me.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, he almost jumped out of his skin upon hearing me, I gave out a chuckle because of his reaction.

"Why.... Why are you still awake?" He asked, blush spreading across his face "Because of your sound" I said and smiled, he weirdly looked at me " I can hear sounds you know..... Small and sensitive sounds like peoples heartbeat" I explained " heartbeat? " He asked in confusion, I softly nodded " everyone have different heartbeat sounds, no two people sounded alike that's why it's so interesting listening into them... " A moment of silence " subaru-kun..... Subaru-kun's heartbeat is really beautiful.... Like the soft sound of the sea, The beautiful, peaceful and silent sea, the waves reaching the shores.... It's like a lullaby putting you to sleep... That's why I instantly knew something is wrong, your heartbeat is making distress and sad sounds... However I also hear guilt, if you had done something upsetting.. I know you didn't meant it" his eyes softened as a rare and wonderful smile tugged his lips, I smiled back before I started to drift back to sleep "beautiful.... it's putting me to sleep... Oyasuminasai" I didn't remember anything after that.

3rd person's POV

The next morning ukyo woke up but for some reason he still feel like his in a dream when he saw Ai, sitting sideways on the couch, still in her blue dress and her hair still braided on her right shoulder, her right arms dangling behind the couch, the picture was so beautiful, the soft sunlight hitting her beautiful face, it was breath taking.

Behind the couch there sat a sleeping subaru with his left cheek leaning against Ai's outstretched right hand palm and finding comfort against it, ukyo took a blanket and covered the sleeping beauty.

"Ohayou--!" Tsubaki energetically greeted them upon reaching the last step on the stair until ukyo husshed him and pointed at Ai.

Tsubaki, azusa, lori, and Louis quieted down and were simply awe struck like how ukyo was earlier, silently walking toward her, there faces turned into a frown when they saw subaru behind the couch.

Kaname carried Ai in his arms then took her to her room, while carrying the girl in his arm he felt how light, thin and fragile she is, just by one look at her you can see how sickly and delicate she is, kaname being a host-working man he knew how to read other people's body Language from the very first time he met her hiding behind her big sister, he immediately knew that something is wrong with her, maybe a trauma or an illness, he got even more shock when he laid her on her bed with her skirt riding up a little, Scars, long visible scar, it made him wonder even more about her.

after making sure Ai was far from the living room, subaru woke up on the right timing when he couldn't feel the soft, delicate and dream-like hand against his cheek but he did woke up with his brothers smiling evilly at him.

tsubaki and azusa spent the morning wrestling subaru.