Chapter 2 - Draft mails

Choi Yeonjun has never doubted his fiance's faithfulness in their entire three years being together and six months of getting engaged

After all, they knew each other since they were children. They have relied on each other for more than one situation and they have stayed together since they were ten years old.

So, of course, he wouldn't question her feelings towards him nor would he question the random bruises he sometimes spied on the girl's neck that would later be covered by makeup. Nor would he doubt her frequent hideous phone calls or her random daydream expression when she would walk around in the house.

He could maybe turn a blind eye towards them.

But the email, he couldn't control it anymore. It was behind turning a blind eye, he knows it was going to be late if not now.

Yeji has a bad habit of not logging out from the mail in their laptop that they both shared, so it was no surprise when Yeonjun logged in he found her mailbox open. He was going to log out from it, but something caught his eye.

"Let's meet at the Oaks Mall tomorrow at 11 am. Love you, baby!"

The message in itself was nothing suspicious, he was aware of a few girls' habits of using affectionate names for their friends, but the fact that the message thread wasn't sent, the fact that the mailbox had no other emails except the same mail address - and it was left in drafts.

He realized it wasn't his fiance's mail address and when he clicked a couple more of the drafts he was hit with a barrage of flirtatious words, dates, plans, and love notes... a lot of love notes, so intimate.

And just like that, he felt a blow to his heart, the feeling of betrayal seeping into his soul. He wasn't sure if he should cry or throw things in anger. Instead, he closed the emails, leaving the computer as it was, and quickly left the room.

He stayed out in the living room, trying to distract himself with whatever late-night drama was playing until he heard the shower turn off and Yeji moving around the bedroom. He wondered if she suspected that he knew.

He returned to the bedroom to see her getting ready for bed, as usual. She smiled seeing him.

"Shower's free babe," she said sweetly, just like usual, but he couldn't help but feel the difference.

He nodded before subtly glancing at the laptop. It had been closed and put away in its case.

In the shower, Yeonjun brooded.

Yeji was always so sweet to him. She always looked happy whenever she was with him; why was that he never noticed that something was amiss? Maybe because she was just too sweet?

So, he figured that, perhaps, she was simply meeting a friend. Maybe it was just their way of communicating. Of course, he wondered why they simply wouldn't text or call or instant message like normal people, but he was never one to question his wife before. Besides, he trusted her.

But, as he lay in bed next to her that night, the words he read from those e-mail drafts floated behind his eyelids and the more he tried to forget them, the more they crept up to him.

His sleep was restless that night. And the thoughts continued to run in his head the next morning. he has a day off from his work on weekends so he usually spent it lazing around the apartment, inviting some of his friends over, or going out on a date with Yeji, who also took weekends off from her work.

But, that day she had told him that she was "running errands and meeting up with some friends".

"I'll be back before the night," she had told him.

As soon as she had kissed him goodbye and closed the door behind her, Yeonjun grabbed his phone and called his best friend.

"Hey," answered a sleepy voice.

"Beomgyu, get dressed, I'm picking you up."

"W-What? Why?"

"We're going to Gangnam." He had looked up the address of Oaks Mall the night before.

Before the guy could answer or protest at being woken up so early, Yeonjun had hung up so he could grab his keys and his wallet and leave the apartment. With determination, he drove towards his friend's apartment.

Boemgyu must have slept late the other night, he just emerged from the building with a yawn. He got into the passenger seat, sending a displeased glare at Yeonjun.

"Again, why are we going to Gangnam? I hope you're buying me food for whatever the reason is."

Yeonjun began to drive. I'll buy you whatever you want but listen. I.. found something last night.. in Yeji's laptop."

He talked about the suspicious e-mails, the hickeys that he could now admit, and the phone calls. He talked about how Yeji was always going out these days and she and Yeonjun rarely even went on dates anymore.

"I think... she's having an affair." he finally said out loud for the first time.

Beomgyu looked at him, pity in his eyes, and Yeonjun hated it.

"Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions?" Beomgyu asked. "I mean you and Yeji have been together far longer than I have even known you two. She.. wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

Beomgyu had known them both from high school and he was a witness to their evolving relationship from friends to boyfriend/girlfriend and then to fiances. He even promised he would be Yeonjun's best man at the wedding.

Yeonjun swallowed the lump in his throat, his hands shaking as he gripped the steering wheel.

"No.... she wouldn't," he said to himself as confidently as he could.

Yeji was his best friend and finance who loved him. She wouldn't hurt him on purpose.

-------

^yeppp

^opportunity seen opportunity grabbed, the stretching was worse though lol

see yaa