Chapter 16 - VIP seating

Come Sunday night, Soobin, dressed in his simplest button-down and comfortable jeans, bid his wife goodbye (she claimed that she was going out to dinner with a friend a

Come Sunday night, Soobin, dressed in his simplest button-down and comfortable jeans, bid his wife goodbye (she claimed that she was going out to dinner with a friend a.k.a. dinner with Yeji), and got into his car to drive to Yeonjun's apartment.

He had never been there but Yeonjun instructed him to wait for him a block away to avoid any possible run-ins with a curious Yeji, who was now asking her fiance plenty of questions about his "new friend".

It wasn't exactly jealousy but it was something. Soobin couldn't do the same thing with Ryujin, though. His wife was not a jealous person.

He reached the intersection Yeonjun told him about and parked before pulling out his phone to send a text to the other. Yeonjun immediately responded that he was on his way. Soobin fixed his collar and checked his hair in the rearview mirror - Yeonjunn always looked good so he didn't want to look like a slob next to him.

A knock on the window broke his concentration and he turned his head to see Yeonjun waving through the glass. Soobin unlocked the car and Yeonjun slipped in with a grin.

The younger's hair was brushed out, a clear crystal stud earring was clipped on his left ear (Soobin didn't even realize he had piercings), and he was wearing a black leather jacket with the red t-shirt they had bought together underneath.

"Hi, Soobin!" Yeonjun greeted, busying himself with strapping his seatbelt on. All settled, he looked around the car and whistled. "Fancy! How much did this cost?"

Soobin opened his mouth to answer but Yeonjun quickly added, "Actually, don't answer that. I might faint before the concert." Soobin could see that he didn't mean any malice with it, he was simply teasing. So Soobin just chuckled and began to drive.

"Soobin, seriously, how did you get tickets?" Yeonjun asked, practically bouncing on his seat.

"I told you I have connections", Soobin simply answered.

"Soobin!!"

Soobin chuckled, deciding to spare him. "Okay. Our company is one of their sponsors. As thanks, I was given a few tickets to give away." He flashed a smile at his vibrating companion beside him. "I saved two for us since I figured you'd like to see them!"

"You're really the best! We're going to have so much fun!!"

During the entire drive to the concert venue, Soobin allowed Yeonjun to plug in his phone and play any songs he liked. Yeonjun spent the entire drive singing and dancing in his seat. His voice was nice and he could definitely hold a tone. Soobin wanted to tell him to save his voice but Yeonjun's joy was too amusing so he allowed it to continue, singing along to a few of the songs that he knew. Yeonjun continued to sing as Soobin pulled into the VI.P. parking lot.

They got into the venue with no delay, due in part to Soobin's own V.I.P., status and Yeonjun immediately left his side in order to line up for merchandise and snacks.

When they're all settled with everything they needed (or in Yeonjun's case, a lightstick, sweatshirt, a poster, and a pack of chips with a medium-sized drink), Soobin led the excited man to their seats... near the front and on a private balcony with the other V.I.Ps.

"Soobin, this is so cool." Yeonjun looked like he had found heaven as he looked around the venue and down the stage. "I should have brought a banner or a sign so Taeyang sunbae could see me."

Forcing his lips closed, Soobin had to refrain from telling Yeonjun that they had backstage passes and would be able to meet Taeyang and the other members after the concert. But, he figured doing that might disrupt his concentration and he might actually faint so Soobin would save the news for after the concert.

For the next two hours and a half, Soobin danced, threw his hands up in the air, and sang along to songs he barely knew. The last time he was at a concert was back in college and the euphoria and adrenaline that would accompany watching a performance came back to him all at once and it made him dizzy.

Beside him, Yeonjun was practically about to fall onto his knees from elation as he screamed fan chants, waved his lightstick in the air, and yelled, "Taeyang-hyung, saranghamnida!"

And when Big Bang sang their last set and waved goodbye to their fans, Yeonjun was waving back so rapidly at the stage that Soobin wondered why his arm wasn't falling off yet.

The lights came on and everyone began to move.

Yeonjun sank into his chair, breathing deeply as he clutched his heart. His eyes were staring blankly into thin air as he murmured, "Soobin... that was.. amazing.. Taeyang... G-Dragon.. TOP....All... so... amazing.."

Chuckling, Soobin settled on the seat next to the dazed young man. He looked like he had just seen heaven and never wanted to come down.

Yeonjun never ceased to surprise and amuse him.

"Soobin,"

The CEO turned towards him. Yeonjun's smile was up to his ears, stars practically dancing in his soft brown eyes.

"Thank you for taking me," Yeonjun said, his tone of voice so sincerely full of gratitude that it made Soobin's heart quicken. "This is honestly the best night ever." he continued.

Soobin returned his smile and stood up. "The night is actually not over yet," he stated, mysteriously.

Yeonjun blinked. "What do you mean?"

In the next fifteen minutes, Soobin found himself chuckling in amusement at a love-struck Yeonjun staring at Taeyang backstage.

------------

a/n: hope you all like it <3