Chapter 19 - Lunch Boxes

It had been three days since the concert and Yeonjun was still in cloud nine thinking of how the hours at the concert and after it went by very fast

It had been three days since the concert and Yeonjun was still in cloud nine thinking of how the hours at the concert and after it went by very fast. He is now in his family's restaurant kitchen, making a special "chef's special" dish as a thank you for Soobin.

Soobin had surprised him not only by sitting down and watching the concert with him, as he had half expected from a businessman like Soobin, but he also enjoyed the concert like any normal person would. And Yeonjun had a lot of fun with him.

He drove to the headquarters of Soobin's company, took the elevator to the CEO's floor and informed his secretary who he was. She swiftly called her boss and Yeonjun and his lunch boxes were let in with no problem.

Soobin looked up from his documents with a smile. "Hey! Didn't expect you here, what brings you in today?"

Grinning, "Remember when you told me you wanted to try my cooking some day?"

"I vaguely recall," Soobin sure did.

Coolly, Yeonjun lifted the lunchboxes up for the CEO to see. "Today is your lucky day, Want to have lunch together?"

Soobin appeared to perk up as he nodded and picked up the phone.

"I'm taking my lunch break," he told his secretary before hanging up.

Soobin got up and led Yeonjun to a long table in one corner of the office. It looked like one that would be used for meetings with multiple people at once.

Yeonjun set up the food there while Soobin cleared it of folders, papers, and various other things.

Soon, sitting across each other, both had boxes filled to the brim with kimchi fried rice, pickled radishes, steamed eggplants, and a few pieces of vegetable pancakes. A canister of seaweed soup was between them, along with little Styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons that Yeonjun had brought. Soobin had also taken out two bottles of cola from his personal fridge for them to drink. It was practically a feast.

Yeonjun watched in amusement as Soobin enthusiastically dug into the food, letting out soft groans after each bite.

"How is it?" he asked when Soobin's box was almost half-empty.

"I've never had anything so good in my entire life," the CEO replied before stuffing another pancake into his mouth. "Where did you learn to cook so well?"

The conversation moved on.

They talked about their childhood and high school life. Yeonjun went to public schools all his life whereas Soobin went to private schools. Somewhere along the way of school talk, they got into the topic of firsts.

First crush.

Obviously, Yeji for Yeonjun. She was the prettiest girl in the playground. Soobin's was his nanny but she resigned when she got married. By then, Soobin was already too old for a nanny.

First date.

Yeonjun wasn't sure if spending an afternoon getting ice cream with a girl who had a crush on him during middle school counted as a date but Soobin said it did. Soobin's was apparently with a daughter of one of his parents' business associates, whom they set him up with when he was 16 but it never went anywhere.

First girlfriend.

Yeonjun's was Yeji, of course. Soobin's was a classmate in college but it didn't last - he later found out that she was only with him because he was rich so he ended things with her.

And the grand finale, the first kiss.

Soobin pursed his lips in thought, chopsticks between his teeth. "Does my nanny count? She used to kiss me goodnight."

Between them, the lunch boxes lay empty.

Yeonjun shook his head. "No way. Give me the juicy stuff!"

Soobin chuckled. "Alright. Then... one of my high school classmates. I don't remember the name but we played Truth or Dare during a class trip. Our friends dared, and we just kissed."

Yeonjun chuckled, "Was it nice?"

"I suppose so," Soobin simply answered before questioning Yeonjun back, "And yourself? And you better tell me the juicy stuff too!"

Yeonjun felt himself blush but he supposed he deserved that. "It was a senior from my high school."

"I see. You like older women, huh?"

Yeonjun chuckled, softly. "Something like that. Anyway, it didn't really lead to anything since I dated Yeji soon after."

"That poor girl. I guess she had nothing when it comes to your Yeji, huh?"

Yeonjun laughed again before shaking his head. He checked the time and realized that it was close to 1 pm and he still had to pack up and drive back. He wished he could stay longer and talk more, but duty called.

"As much fun as this is, I have to get going since I have a very important house closing to sign."

Soobin nodded in understanding and helped him clean up and pack up the boxes.

"Thanks for the lunch, Yeonjun," the CEO stated as he walked the chef to the door. "Next time again, okay? I want to try whatever else is on your menu."

Grinning, Yeonjun winked. "You got it, Soobin!"

Bidding him goodbye, Yeonjun left the building, whistling as he playfully swung the bag of lunchboxes.

A good meal with good company always put him in the best mood.

------------------

a/n: oh god i know i am very late, but here it is.

i also realised i changed the plot since the day i planned this lol, i guess that is what a year of not writing does to you. but dw guys i'll try to finish this asap