Chapter 21 - Movies and the mall

"Make sure you romance her! And don't forget to flash your charming smile! She'll fall for you in an instant! Fighting! ttyl XD"

Letting out a chuckle at the encouraging text, Soobin replied, "Thank you for having so much faith in me, talk to you later."

"Who's that?" Ryujin asked him as he sent the text.

Soobin put the phone away so he could pay attention to his wife, who was sitting across the table from him with a menu in her hands.

They were at a simple restaurant for lunch after they had gone to see a movie together. Afterwards, they are going shopping. Soobin had to admit, he was having fun with Ryujin. They so rarely went out and the fact that it was her who asked him to go on a date went quite a lot to him. Perhaps, there was hope for their marriage after all.

"My friend", Soobin replied to her as he picked up his own menu to scan it.

"He was asking what I was doing today but I think he panicked when I didn't respond while we were at the movies," he chuckled again. "He can be such a worrywart sometimes."

Ryujin raised a brow at him, smiling in amusement. "They must be special," she said.

Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, Soobin asked, "Why would you say that?"

Ryujin shrugged. "You just look... different." She tilted her head to the side. "I've never seen you smile like that before."

Soobin's heart picked up pace. "L-Like what?"

Ryujin gestured to him with a hand. "That!"

"I don't understand..." Soobin really didn't. Ryujin was confusing.

His wife sighed deeply, giving up. "Never mind," she relented before turning her attention back to her menu.

Soobin did the same, wondering why his heart was still beating quickly. It had been doing that a lot more since Sunday and at random moments too.

He couldn't help but wonder if he should see a doctor so he could figure out what was wrong with him.

After a satisfying lunch, Soobin and Ryujin went to the mall - not one of the high-end ones that those from their social circle would visit but a simpler one. Unlike most women of their status, Ryujin was actually not a huge shopper so she surprised Soobin when she actually bought him a few clothes and a few things for herself (part of him wondered if they were for Ryujin, herself, or presents for Yeji. It wasn't like Soobin could just ask).

As they shopped, they talked about work, what was going on with each other's friends (not that Soobin had many and Ryujin had very few close friends), and even reminisced about the early days of their marriage (which felt really nostalgic, if he was quite honest. Those were simple days).

By the time they arrived home before dinner, they were laughing with each other, hands full of shopping bags, and feet aching from all the walking. It was a truly satisfying day.