Chapter 1 - Safe travels

Choi Soobin had a fixed routine

Choi Soobin had a fixed routine. His daily schedules were nothing out of ordinary and did not require extra effort. He works with it calmly and he loves being it like that.

He wakes up, brushes his teeth, showers, and then gets dressed. By the time he reaches the dining hall, the cook would have prepared their breakfast, and so he would sit to get his morning meal. Soon his wife would join after completing her morning routine.

They usually would have a small talk on how their day would go, sometimes laugh, sometimes cheer each other up. They had a healthy relationship. When they are done, they would take their cars to drive to their workplaces, not before sweetly sharing a hug.

This has been their routine for three years now, and it works well for them. They never got into fights, they have helped each other out a lot of times and that was enough for them.

Soobin's wife, Ryujin, was the head of one of South Korea's well-known fashion brands and clothing lines. Just like Soobin, she was an ambitious one too. She has worked hard for the position in which she's today and she has her head up all the time. They both were often busy and had schedules fixed. They both hated disruptions and maybe that's why they got together well.

Ryujin has never acted out of her schedule until one Friday. That day though, there was a slight change in her routine. Ryujin had planned to take her rare weekend off, informing Soobin she had a getaway planned with her friend. It sounded odd being t has never happened before, but he just said okay, and reminded her to take care of herself.

"I will be back by Monday morning, is that okay with you?" she asks concern laced in her voice, packing a few things left in the room.

"I sure can take care of myself, Ryu," Soobin says playfully back and it only brings a burst of laughter in the room.

"Okay, will bring back souvenirs for you," she winks and nears Soobin to leave a peck on his forehead.

They finish their breakfast together and then Soobin bids her goodbye wishing her safe travels before leaving for his office.

He was soon welcomed by his secretary, Kang Taehyun, also a good friend of his. Seeing the piled-up paperwork, he as usual sits on his seat planning the priority and setting everything in order.

He didn't get to be the CEO as soon as he came from completing his graduation in Australia. He joined in as the head of the department, worked with loyalty and when the former CEO was looking for someone to take his position, he couldn't think of anyone else than Soobin.

All his staff respected and followed him. They loved his attitude towards workers, he was just genuine and kind. And his family and in-laws boasted with pride in their chest on how Soobin was already at the top in his early twenties.

He had a great career, a perfect wife, and a stable life. Nothing could shake the happiness he has tried building up until now.

"CHOI SOOBIN!!"

He hears a voice, and his office door slams open, nearly breaking off the hinges. At the doorway stood a man, Soobin didn't know nor did recognize.

A mop of dark red hair, almond-shaped chocolate brown eyes, a sharp nose and the poutiest lips Soobin had ever seen on a man.

The beauty was very hard not to notice, and he would have called the man handsome if not for the flaring red in his eyes and on his nose tip.

"Can I... help you?" Soobin asks unsure of what to talk about.

The man was breathing heavily as he continues to throw daggers at Soobin. "Yes," he talks out angrily, "You can tell your wife to leave mine alone!"

At that statement, Soobin blinked as his brain processed but still not understanding the entire context.

"Ex..cuse.. me?" he managed.

Just then Taehyun came rushing in, exasperated. "Sir! I'm so sorry but this crazy man..."

"Who are you calling crazy!!?"

"... just ignored me and I was going to call the security..."

Soobin raised his hand,"It's fine Taehyun, leave us and close and the door, please."

Taehyun looked surprised but then decided to follow the request and nodded in understanding and left the two to be.

Soobin turned his attention back to the man who was looking right into his soul with such fury, and politely gestured him to take a seat so that they could talk.

"Please sit Mister.."

The man looked surprised at the politeness towards him, and provided his name.

"Yeonjun. Choi Yeonjun."

"Mr. Choi Yeonjun," Soobin acknowledged him with a nod as he gestured towards the seat again.

But Yeonjun was still stubborn; and so was standing still glaring at Soobin. So Soobin stood up from his seat and went around his desk to lean against it, facing the man.

"Now, how can I help you?" he asked again thinking whatever Yeonjun said before was a sick joke.

His question seemed to infuriate Yeonjun more. "Didn't you hear me the first time? I told you to tell your wife to stay away from my fiance!"

Soobin blinked again. "I heard you but I'm not actually sure what you mean."

At that point, the man stopped and tilted head to the side. "So, you don't know."

"Don't know what?" Soobin was getting impatient now.

Choi Yeonjun huffed at his attitude. "Your wife and my fiance are having an affair with each other, you clueless dummy! So, can you please tell your wife to stop trying to steal my to-be wife?!"

It took half minute or so for the words of the infuriated man in front of him to sink in.

"What!?" was all Soobin could manage.

--------

crack? fluff? angst? lol idk

got this plot while i was showering while blasting songs lol

love ya ❤🐾