Chapter 8 - Shopping mall

"So

"So... why are we here again?" Soobin questioned, as he followed the determined restaurant owner through the crowd at the mall.

Soobin rarely went to the mall and only when he really needed to. He didn't like the crowds and waiting in lines. Thank god for online shopping.

But, on that rare day off of his, Yeonjun had called him and told him to meet him at the mall in Gongodo without much explanation. Then, the younger had hung up before Soobin could protest or even say "no". Ryujin was out on her monthly visit to her parents and he had nothing to do anyway, so Soobin obliged and dragged himself to the giant hunk of the building that catered to capitalism.

Ahead of him, Yeonjun turned his head around. "I told you, we're shopping for new clothes! We have to change our looks to appeal to our wives" tastes! And we are going to help each other!"

The younger man's determination and strange ideas astounded Soobin, yet he couldn't seem to help but follow along, anyway. When he wasn't yelling at him, making demands, or drunk off his ass, Choi Yeonjun wasn't too bad.

When they met up in front of the mall, the younger man had been wearing a blue shirt, one that matched the same but in red color, he had at home, that Ryujin gave him after the trip. It was only further proof of the existence of their wives' infidelity.

So, despite his misgivings about Yeonjun's plans, he still followed him into a classy store for men that Soobin himself would enter if he was in dire need of new clothes. Yeonjun passed in the middle of the store and scanned the place, searching for something, before he finally moved towards a rack of clothing.

"You wear these, right?" he asked Soobin, gesturing towards the silk and satin button-downs in front of him.

Soobin raised an eyebrow, looked down at his own white satin button-down shirt, and looked back at the younger. "Yes? But I have enough clothes to last me a lifetime, thanks."

"Good for you, rich boy!" Yeonjun said, sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Now, I need you to pick on for me. Nothing expensive, though. Do they have sales? Or do you have a coupon or something?"

Yeonjun began to rifle through the shirts as Soobin stared, still not understanding of the situation.

"Can you remind me again why I'm picking clothes for you?"

The younger man huffed. "I told you at least three times already. We're picking clothes based on our wives' tastes. I was thinking the other day..."

Soobin stifled the amused chuckle that threatened to come out of him.

"... that Yeji is fairly young and Ryujin is a bit more mature. What if that's the key?" Yeonjun looked so sure of himself as he stated his reasoning. "Yeji is a young and fun woman and so maybe I'm too immature for her? And Ryujin is all classy and high-class and you're too stuffy for her..."

"Hey!" Soobin began to protest but the other kept talking as if he hadn't heard him.

"... so maybe that's what we need to do! I need to be a little more mature and you need to loosen up. And one way we can do that is to start with clothes! I need to look more mature and you need to look a little more fun."

Soobin tried not to take offense at that statement. Meanwhile, Yeonjun looked so proud of himself as he took out a dark silk button-down and pressed it against his body.

"What do you think?" he asked with a grin.

Soobin looked. The color was nice and it looked like it would fit Yeonjun's skin tone. In fact, Soobin figured that the man could make any color look good - he had the type of skin tone that just went with many colors. But, Soobin was partial to the material and style of the shirt.

As he was contemplating, Yeonjun looked at the price tag and his eyes bulged. Slowly, he put the shirt back in the rack.

"Waaay over my budget," he stated, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"I can buy it for you," Soobin said before he could stop himself.

Yeonjun's eyes widened. As he stood there in shocked amazement, Soobin realized that he wasn't bluffing or even joking. He wanted to buy the younger man a shirt. He had figured as soon as they stepped into this store that Yeonjun wouldn't be able to afford anything in here.

"Y-Yah," Yeonjun stuttered, another blush staining his cheeks. "T-That's not necessary-."

But Soobin waved a hand. "Nonsense. If this is a way to get our wives' attraction back, then so be it. But. we're not getting you silk shirts. Something better and nice."

Soobin looked around and flagged down a salesman.

"What can I do for you sir?" the man asked with a bow.

"My companion here needs shirts," Soobin simply started. "Ones that can be both formal for work as well as casual for a day out. I'm thinking satin, no silk. Maybe even cotton, but the good kind."

"Of course, sir. Any particular colors?"

"Bold colors but not too dark or too bright. As well as a few blacks and whites." Soobin turned to the still stunned man behind him. "Every human needs at least a black shirt and white one, they go with everything. Your size, Yeonjun-ssi?"

"U-Umm... I..."

Before Yeonjun could say more, Yeonjun turned to the salesman. "Do you mind taking his measurements? His shirts need to fit but also allow him some room to move so he is comfortable."

With a nod, the man wasted no more time and started taking gout Yeonjun's measurements. Soobin stood there watching, fighting the urge to laugh at Yeonjun's stunned face as the salesman politely manhandled him.

------

sksk they are now getting to know each other.

see ya ♡