Chapter 17 - Old Roommate

In the next fifteen minutes, Soobin found himself chuckling in amusement at a love-struck Yeonjun staring at Taeyang backstage

"Taeyang hyung, meet my friend Choi Yeonjun," introduced Soobin, gesturing from the amused idol to his tongue-tied fan. "And Choi Yeonjun, meet Taeyang, my hyung, and Choi Seunghyun, my cousin."

Yeonjun's head snapped towards him, mouth open in shock. "Y-Your cousin?" he stammered.

"More of distant cousins but still family, nonetheless," said TOP, throwing an arm over Soobin's shoulder and ruffling his hair, playfully.

Soobin batted him away with a whine of "hyung!!", feeling embarrassed at the childish display.

"He generously sponsored our concert series so of course, Taeyang, GD and I are eternally grateful," Seunghyun continued with a wink at Soobin.

"I...I'm a h-huge fan, hyungs, I mean, Seunghyun-shii and Taeyang-shii," Yeonjun managed, drawing attention back.

The idol laughed. "You can call me, hyung, if you want. And thank you for your support, Yeonjun-shii."

"Y-You can speak to me, informally," Yeonjun replied, blushing.

"Yeonjunnie, then," said Seunghyun, and Soobin rolled his eyes at his cousin's flirtatious tone.

His cousin had the image of a suave and cool playboy but Soobin grew up with him. They were practically brothers. He knew some of his deepest darkest secrets. And one of them was that his cousin Seunghyun was a giant dork in real life.

"Seunghyun, what are you doing hogging the cute fan to yourself?"

Yeonjun clearly gasped at the sight of the two other members of Big Bang approaching them with grins on their sweaty faces. They gave Soobin a quick greeting while Seunghyun just chuckled and did their introductions. G-Dragon gave Yeonjun a high-five and Daesung offered to take a selfie.

"S-Soobin, will you?" He was still nervous.

Soobin took the phone from Yeonjun's shaking hands and told them all to pose. He almost laughed at the sight of a bright-eyed and close-to-crying Yeonjun in the middle of four sweaty idols. Taeyang's arm was slung around over Yeonjun's shoulders while TOP's shoulder touched his. On Taeyang's other side, G-Dragon flashed a peace sign while Daesung stood in the middle.

"Yeonjun-shii, are you hungry?" Daesung asked the younger man before turning to Soobin. "Soobin, mind if we steal your friend for a bit and feed him?"

Before Soobin could even answer, G Dragon had slung his arm around Yeonjun's shoulder and steered him towards the table of snacks, asking him questions about what he thought of the concert. Taeyang joined them behind. Yeonjun seemed too stunned to say anything or even protest that he was being led to eating by the idols he didn't even imagine meeting.

"He's nice," his cousin commented, watching as his bandmates handed the plate and began filling it up with various snacks.

Meanwhile, a staff member had come around and handed Seunghyun two bottles of water, one of which he gave to Soobin. The CEO took it gratefully and took a giant gulp - he just realized how parched he was feeling.

"How did you two meet?" Seunghyun continued to ask.

Soobin wasn't really sure he wanted to share the whole story so he told a loose version.

"We met through our wives," he simply said

His cousin pouted in disappointment. "Aww, he's married? That's a shame. I thought I had a chance, for sure."

Soobin rolled his eyes, not buying it. "Hyung, you're taken. How would.." He looked around briefly to be sure no one was listening. "How would Jiyong-hyung feel if he knew you were hitting on married straight men?"

Seunghyun chuckled. "You sure he's straight? With the way he was looking at me like he wanted to take me home, I'm not so sure."

"Hyung!"

His cousin smirked at him. "Or maybe you'd prefer he takes you home?'

"Hyung!" Soobin exclaimed again, this time a blush accompanying appalment at his cousin's lack of shame.

Seunghyun let out an amused laugh, patting Soobin's shoulder. "I'm joking, Soobin-ah. And don't you worry about my bear. He kisses women onscreen all the time, so I can at least have this."

From the age of 16, Seunghyun came out as gay to only a select few members of their family, Soobin included (clearly, he was the older's favorite cousin). It was kept under wraps, of course, as none of them wanted to sabotage their precious and sweet Seunghyun's aspirations to be a singer. His bandmates were also privy to the information.

Then, five years ago, Seunghyun started dating Jiyong. From what Soobin had gathered from his cousin, the fangirls of both idols loved their interactions so much that they had begun to "ship" them. Apparently, after much "Does he or does he not like me?", some push and pull on both their sides, and many nights of mysterious brokenhearted tweets from Seunghyun, they had made it official... at least, for those who knew about their orientation (not the fans though).

Soobin was one of the first people Seunghyun told and Jiyong was even present at his wedding as Seunghyun's plus-one (though people just thought they were just friends from the same band and others were busy to join).

The CEO chuckled at the pettiness hidden in his cousin's voice. He had always been a tad insecure, but his confidence had been better recently.

"Besides, you know I'm not like you, hyung." Soobin continued, taking another swig from his water.

Seunghyun let out a snort. "Tell that to your old roommate," he mumbled but Soobin caught it and felt his body grow cold at the memory.

"Hyung, please," he pleaded, quietly.

Realizing what he had done, Seunghyun wrapped him in a one-arm hug. "I'm sorry, Soobin-ah, that was out of line," the idol said, squeezing his shoulder. 

"But... denying it over and over again won't help."

"I'm not like you, hyung," Soobin repeated, feeling his composure slip him. "I'm... I'm not brave like you."

-------------------

a/n: haha cliffhanger?

hope you all are doing well and taking care of yourself <3