Chapter 68 - Man O' War

'S.....sh.......she.....'

In a void of nothingness, a faint voice resonates from a far distant. The incoherent sound is so quiet I barely heard what it says.

'What did you say?' My voice echoed as I asked the person back.

In that moment I realize my surroundings are pitch black. And worse, I can't feel nor move my body. I have no idea how I end up in this place. My heartbeat picks up its pace as I start to panic. 'What is happening?!'

There's a long pause before a clearer feminine voice responds to me.

'S....she.....is.......coming....'

My eyes snap open, choking on the air as if someone punches me in the chest. I cough a few times and take a deep breath to calm my palpitating heartbeat. The previous sharp headache transformed into dull pain on the side of my temple. My body is slightly hot and heavy but it feels better than before.

A familiar wooden ceiling of my cabin room comes into my vision. I slowly sit up from my small bed, thinking how I ended up here. The last thing I remember is the demon line came to rescue me from Captain Arrow, we headed back to the ship and...

I choke a second time as embarrassing memory flows back to my brain. I faked fainting to escape the tension between the surgeon and the first mate. Out of nowhere, Hongjoong yelled Yeosang's name. Even with my eyes closed, I could sense scrutinizing stares from the onlookers. Eventually, Yeosang won and carried me into my cabin. After checking my condition, he ordered his apprentice to bring me the green terror and left me to rest. Because I didn't want to drink the bitter medicine, I decided to sleep.

My train of thought cuts short when I hear a shifting sound next to me. Startled, I whip my head to the side and see a female silhouette sitting on Aurora's bed.

"Aurora?"

"Who's the heck is Aurora?" A not so sweet voice asked me back. The tone definitely does not belong to the gentle female lead.

"Oh, Yeojin." How could I forget that Ateez wouldn't allow Aurora to meet me alone. Thinking of her makes my heart deflate, I wonder how she's doing. She might be scared out of her mind in a small dark room without anyone telling her what was going on.

"You sounded so disappointed that I'm not that Aura girl. But from now on I'm your new bunkmate." Yeojin says with her usual sassy attitude.

"Oh!" That isn't the news I expect to hear. To say that she's my new roommate, does that mean she somehow joined the crew? Because I slept, I must've missed the tea.

"I asked Captain Mullet to accept me into the ship. Though I absolutely hate to be a part of the notorious pirate band, I'm here for my brother and Wooyoung." As if she read my thoughts, she answers my question. Getting up, she saunters toward my bed and sits beside me, placing her palm on my top of forehead. "Good, your fever seems to reduce. You know, you made a lot of people worry. Yeosang didn't even treat my wound and only insisted me to take a veryyyyy good care of you. That captain mullet also threatened me with his spooky grin. The devil and even Wooyoung...Ugh, what have I got myself into. Did you lie to me that you're a friend of theirs?"

She keeps on ranting while I try to collect my thoughts. I felt like something urgent missing from my brain, but I forgot what it was.

"What's wrong?" She asks, sounding a little concern.

I gasp.

Right! I had a dream. A woman's voice told me that 'She' is coming. The first time I dreamt Seakeeper came to warn me of the sea witch and her gangsta monsters. Could it be this time she also came to warn me that the squid woman is coming after our asses!?