Chapter 48 - Newfound brother

"LET GO OF THEM NOW!!!" Chris, my newfound brother, yells on top of his lungs, red-faced. His bloodshot eyes glare at the pirates. He has completely lost his domineering demeanor.

As if the spotlight shines on Aurora and me, we've become the center of attention. My stomach churns from the intense stare and the smell of blood and gruesome scenes.

Out of all people in this world, I transmigrated into Ateez archenemy's sister!

What kind of ill-fated is this?

Well, at least I got promoted from a side character to antagonist's sister.

If I remember correctly, Chris's sister never had a screentime. She was mentioned in a single paragraph that she died because of the pirate king which I recall the passenger ship that was sunk in the beginning of the story. This character was supposed to die and fuel hatred for the male antagonist toward Ateez.

Chris is a smart, talented, handsome young man and a commander of HMS Declaration. Needless to say he has tons of qualifications as an antagonist, and one of them is being Ateez's nemesis.

Ateez and Chris have a long history as mutual enmity. Each side won't find peace until the other side perishes.

When Chris learns that Ateez captured his beloved fiancée, the real war starts. Ateez, being a cruel pirate at that time, used Y/N to avenge Chris. That's where the angst comes in. Because they inevitably fall in love with Y/N. And of course, Y/N does too.

Chris, a heartbroken antagonist, has successfully killed Ateez at the last updated chapter because of his scheme.

And poof! I'm here to change the storyline. But I doubt my present will change the sad ending. Since I'm alive and reside together with Aurora in Ateez's ship, will all hell break loose today?

Hongjoong's chuckle brings me back to reality.

"What a happy reunion. It's an honor to have your fiancée and sister on my ship. If I knew they were important to you, my crew and I'd treat them better until they don't wanna leave my ship." His voice drips with sarcasm, sending shivers down my spine.

I stare at his back, unable to decipher what he's thinking. Although I like his way of deriding others when reading the fiction, now I feel uncomfortable.

Hongjoong's mockery triggers Chris as he lunges forward, but is intercepted by his officers. "You filthy pirates, don't you dare lay a hand of them. I swear I'll blow your ship apart and hang you by my own hands."

The pirates snort upon hearing the threat.

"I've listened to your threat for hmm, how many times..." Hongjoong hum, counting on his fingers. "I lost count. Cause you always lose." The Revenge crew laugh, mocking the young commander.

"You!" Chris clenches his jaw. He swats the officers' arms that hold him away.

"Laying a hand on them you say." Hongjoong ignores the furious commander and turns around.

His menacing gaze meets with mine, causing my breath to hitch in my throat. The man in front of me isn't the same Hongjoong who looked at me sweetly.

He's the pirate king.

"So you're his fiancée." He glances at Aurora, a corner of his lips tug upward.

Aurora whimpers instead of answering him. She tries to pry away from Wooyoung, but the purple haired first mate doesn't loosen his grip on her.