Chapter 27 - Author-nim?!

A dark figure overshadows our table. All of us could sense tense air emitting from the combatant.

Mingi, who is holding the dagger, keeps his surprise well as he coolly passes the dagger to San. "Aye mate, nice dagger you got."

San coldly glares at Mingi and grabs his dagger. Peering at everyone on the table, his eyes stop at me.

I gulp nervously. He must be angry for letting Mingi touch his precious dagger and calling him dumbass.

"I'm sorry!"

"You forgot the sheath."

I shout at the same time as he speaks. Then my brain processes what he said.

The sheath? I stare at him dumbfoundedly. Seeing his mouth slowly stretch into a tiny smirk while putting the dagger in a silver sheath and he hands it to me.

I look at his cold dark eyes and meekly grab the dagger, "Thank you."

San glares at his crew for one last time and leaves without uttering another word.

All of us exhale in unison.

"That guy can kill people with a stare. One day I might be his victim." Mingi exaggeratedly states, his earlier cool demeanor faded away quickly.

Jongho snickers at Mingi and turns to me. "That was interesting. So why did he give it to you?"

Clutching the cold dagger in my hands, I think of San's earlier response. "He said Hongjoong ordered him to give it to me."

The trio exchange eye contact.

"Captain must have his reason." Yunho says. Hongjoong is always unpredictable. No one can exactly guess his motive.

"And why did you say sorry to San?" Jongho continues asking me.

"Nothing!" I accidentally raise my voice and the trio squint their eyes in suspicion.

"Because she called him dumbass." A new voice meddled in, revealing the honey skinned first mate. He saunters over our table and drags a chair from another table to sit with us.

All eyes focus on me and then the kitchen explodes with laughter.

"I know you have it in you." Mingi laughs so hard that his knees hit the table. And Yunho tries his best to stifle a fit of giggles but he fails miserably.

"So bold," Jongho nods in approval.

My face flushes in embarrassment and I shoot Wooyoung a nasty glare. But he winks at me instead, "You're welcome. "

Wai a moment, if Wooyoung knows the reason so he must be at the crime scene.

"If you were there, why didn't you help me?" I interrogate him.

"Nah, I wouldn't cut myself from the fun." Wooyoung chuckles at the memory. He was strolling around the ship and encountered an amusing scene. San threw a dagger at the poor girl when she left Aurora's cabin. Her surprised face was hilarious; her mouth hung open and eyes wide like they were gonna pop out. He couldn't believe that she had a deathwish to call his friend a dumbass. None of the crew dare to do so. After Star ran away, he spent a whole minute laughing at San's face but his combatant friend brought out another dagger so that was how he stopped laughing.

"You're unbelievable." I grit my teeth at him.

"I know I am, thanks." Wooyoung winks again. I hope his eye cramps.

Yunho clears his throat after laughing so hard, "Sorry, miss Star." He smiles apologetically at me and I almost forgive him right away. Almost.

Jongho nudges Mingi to stop and turns to ask Wooyoung. "Why did San give his best dagger to Star?"