Chapter 71 - Change

(✯◡✯) This is the double update if you didn't check out chapter 70. (✯◡✯)

"Arghhhh!" Hongjoong snaps his eyes open and gets up, cold sweat rolling down from his temples. He finds himself in the familiar surroundings of his cabin. The room is dim, but he can see clearly. Hongjoong touches his eyes. He doesn't have to look into the mirror to know that they had turned into monstrous eyes.

The door opens abruptly. The quartermaster stomps inside with a pistol in his hand. "What happened?" He asks and scans around the room.

Hongjoong shakes his head. He had a dream. No, it was his past memory from where he lost his grandma and his journey to become pirate king, and when he met Aurora, except the last part where Star tackled him to the ground and started pulling his hair.

Hongjoong touches his mullet and chuckles. Star would never do that except when she was drunk. But his smile disappears when he remembers her tearful face. He didn't know what kind of face she really made when he hugged Aurora. He groans and rubs his face with both hands.

Seonghwa walks closer to his bed, "Tell me if you've gone crazy like those monsters. I'm going to shoot you before you attack me."

Hongjoong snorts and observes his mate. "Have you heard of Blackbeard? I think you'd do well with the name Black Fin."

The fins on Seonghwa's ears twist, he points the pistol at his head. "Alright, time to select a new captain."

Hongjoong rolls his eyes, but his mouth curves upward. Seonghwa always has dark humor from then until now.

"I see you wanna be Captain Black Fin." And he also loves to tease Seonghwa because it's fun to annoy the expressionless guy.

Seonghwa snorts and retracts the pistol into the gun holder. They both peer at each other and chuckle at the same time.

"How did I end up here?" He recalls hugging Aurora and can't remember anything else.

"You passed out." Seonghwa answers.

Hongjoong raises his brow. It's highly unlikely that he passed out.

"How's the other?" He asks as he gets up, taking a red coat from the clothes rack and wear it. Seeing Seonghwa take a long time to answer, his heart goes cold. "Nevermind, I'll see it for myself." He heads toward the door but the quartermaster grabs his shoulder.

"There's one thing you need to know."

Hongjoong looks over his shoulder. Seonghwa's serious expression made him hold his breath.

"We're inside the devil's triangle."

There's a short pause and Hongjoong exhales, "Good, we don't have to waste time travelling."

Seonghwa smirks bitterly, "Yeah, but we're lost just like the last time."

"We'll find a way as long as we're alive." Hongjoong says, and opens the door. He comes face to face with a rose golden haired girl.

"Joong." Her sweet voice shakes his heart. His body froze in the spot while scanning her face. Her every detail is still the same from his memory.

"I'll wait outside." Seonghwa says and brushes past him. He gives Aurora a curt nod and heads toward the door.

Once Seonghwa exits the room, Aurora starts speaking. "How are you feeling? I was so scared when you fainted." She frowns, her eyes brim with glassy tears and her mouth curves downward. She always did that whenever she was worried.