Chapter 35 - Calamity

[Trigger warning gore]

"The Devil's Triangle."

Only a name of the region is able to send chills down every sailors' spine. The deadly area has been infamous as a graveyard of many vessels and its crews. The folklore, told by scarcely any survivors, widespreads among seafarers of its bizarre phenomenon; violent sea storms, sea monsters and unknown creatures that lurk in the dark.

"Wonderland is in the center of the Devil's triangle." The navigator announces.

Ateez calmly listens to Yunho as they have already learnt the news. Instead, they focus on the 2 ladies' reaction. They bet it would scare the wit out of them, however, the ladies are in composure.

"Devil's triangle," The rose gold haired girl mumbles, frowning and losing in her thoughts.

While the seer only stretches her neck to see the map laying on the table. Ateez exchange glances among themselves when they don't see the expecting reaction.

"You don't seem surprised." The stoic quartermaster speaks to the seer. She blankly blinks at Seonghwa and turns her head to look at Aurora and back at him. Seeing his dark eyes still piercing at her, she points at herself. "Me?"

Seonghwa doesn't repeat his sentence but rolls eyes in annoyance.

Suddenly Mingi claps his hand, his mouth and eyes wide in realization, "Shooting Star, don't tell me you already knew the location of Wonderland."

Ateez turn their attention to Star upon hearing Mingi's comment.

I scan the room and see the members squint their eyes at me in suspicion.

I let out dry chuckles because I'm literally exposed by Mingi. Surely, I know Wondeland's location from the fiction but I couldn't tell them right away since the map is still needed. Plus, they wouldn't believe me easily.

"Uhh..." If I act surprised now, will it be too late?

"I think it's not important anymore whether she knew or not. We still need the map to navigate." Yunho speaks up, saving me from trouble. The others nod in understanding.

"Do you foresee any events in the devil's triangle?" Yunho asks me.

"Just-" I'm about to answer but stop myself from doing so. Because the timeline already changed, what happened in the fiction might not occur anymore.

"I didn't see any." I answer him, feeling a bit wary.

In the story, Ateez faces several obstacles inside the area. But the real obstacle isn't supernatural phenomena, it's their archenemies. Nevertheless, we haven't encountered those enemies yet in this timeline. I just hope that they won't appear in the future.

They didn't ask me more questions which is good because I'm terrible at lying.

As soon as the meeting ends, I bolt outside of the room before Ateez has a chance to take revenge on me.

---

Peaceful.

This is the most peaceful moment I ever felt after transmigrating into the fictional world.

Leaning against the rail, Aurora and I are looking seaward at the forecastle. The ship rides over wave after wave. And my worries slip away with every wave we sail past.