Chapter 81 - (The real) Home

Rumors spread across seven seas about the Pirate King disappearance for over a year. Some believed that he and his crew were dead. On the fateful night of the battle between pirates and the Royal Navy at Nassau coast, many witnesses reported that the Revenge vanished before their eyes. Some believed that the crew were cursed. Some thought that they had super power, or made a contract with the devil.

However, those who have seen the pirate king's face said that they spot a group of men looking similar to the Revenge crew in some small islands. But they couldn't prove anything.

Besides, the HMS Declaration belonging to commander Chris also mysteriously appeared out of nowhere after disappearing for almost a month. The soldiers were all present, except commander Chris and lieutenant Jongbin. All of the crew stated that they had no memory of their disappearance for over a month. They remembered that they chased after the Revenge into the devil's triangle and encountered a storm. Hence people believed that commander Chris and lieutenant Jongbin had died from the storm.

With the vacant throne, many pirates exercised their power to become the next pirate king. But none of them was close to this young man. He possessed a similar trait as the previous pirate king since he used to be his first mate on the Revenge. Pirate King Erik, however, never claimed the title. The rumor had it that he was trying to go to a magical island called Wonderland to find his previous captain. The man was truly loyal, sadly, he never succeeded in sailing to Wonderland.

"Ye really believe that the previous pirate king was dead?" A man asks his fellow sailor while biting on a pipe. The most common topic among taverns in sea ports is about the disappearance of the Pirate King. The mystery that no one can solve.

"Shame on him and his crew. They should die on the gallows." Another man answers with a scornful expression. He lifts up his tankard to take a sip but someone crashes into him and spills the liquor into his pants.

The man angrily curses and springs up from his seat, ready to fight with the person who spilled his drink. He turns to face a man towering over him. Fierce gaze glares at him intently. The sailor subconsciously falters.

"Sorry mate, didn't see you sitting there." The man covers his face and head with black bandanas, but his fiery red hair noticeably peek out. Even though this scary man apologized to him, it sounded so threatening.

"B-be careful." He stutters and sits down as he doesn't want to cause trouble with this giant. However, the same man put his arm across his shoulder.

The red haired man whispers into his ear in a low intimidating voice. "What ye be sayin' about the pirate king and his crew? I wanna know too."

The poor sailor unconsciously gulps down and sweat breaks on his forehead. Although he never encountered a real pirate before, at this moment he believes he feels like he just met one.

Luckily, someone pulls this scary man away from him. A shorter guy with a red bandana smiles at him creepily. "Sorry sorry, my mate is drunk." Although this new guy looks less scary than the taller man, he oozes the same dangerous air. "Anyway, You lot better be watching your mouths, who knows the pirate king might lurk around here and plot to take his revenge. You definitely heard how he tortured his prey, right?" The tall and short men snicker evilly, making the sailors horrified. The nearby tables start to look at them curiously.

"Ouch!!" They suddenly cry when a woman pulls their ears. The woman has shoulder length blonde hair, and a pair of twinkle almond shaped brown eyes. She dresses in a simple white shirt and leather pants, but her beauty isn't hindered by them.