Chapter 31 - Crescent dagger

The night sky is absent from the moon's presence, indicating that tonight is the new moon. Darkness engulf the world, blinding the passengers on a small boat. The sound of oaring breaks the silence of the sea.

Reaching a small beachfront, 6 figures rise from the boat and head toward a wrecked ship. One by one, they climb up a rope ladder, boarding the ship. Damp wood planks groan when a person steps on it.

"What do we do next?" Once all team members step on the main deck, the quartermaster turns to ask the girl who claims herself as a seer. His eyes no longer hold menacing looks.

"Simple, we find the dagger." Her mouth stretches into a wide grin as if she's mocking him. No matter how much he wants to jeer at her, her prophecy is right.

Yes, they found the wrecked ship.

Back when the scavenging team reported to Ateez, they found the wrecked ship.

Relief flooded the occupants inside the room.

"Wow Star! Impressive!" Mingi gave me a thumb up. His mind was blown by her accurate prophecy.

I smiled at Mingi and slump in my seat. I felt like lifting Korean three biggest mountains out of my chest. Finally, we found it. My life was safe.

"Great, all of you get ready, we'll board the ship." Hongjoong ordered his crew.

"Wait," I interrupted. "Can I pick team members?"

"You're not going." Hongjoong objected.

"No, I must be there and I'll choose the team members." I cut him off. He raised his brow, staring at me as I challenged his authority. But I had a reason for picking a team member.

The others glanced between their captain and the seer, who was gonna win?

In the end, my persistence won. Six people formed into Crescent dagger operation; Seonghwa, Wooyoung, Mingi, San, Aurora, and me.

Back into the present moment. Seonghwa scoffs when he heard my answer, "Can't you be more specific?"

"Oh right, the dagger is strapped on a wall in one of the rooms." I describe to him.

"That's help a lot." He sarcastically sneers at me. But that's the only description that I can remember from the fiction.

"All of you follow me." He walks inside, leading the team.

I nudge Aurora to walk after him. She has been quiet since in the quarter room. When I selected her in the team, she looked like she was on a verge of breaking down. But it's her role to discover the dagger.

I plead her with my eyes and she reluctantly follows Seonghwa.

Then I turn to signal Wooyoung to follow her. "You stay close to her." He points at himself.

"Don't ask, just go and take care of her." I push his back to go after her.

Then I turn to the two guys; Mingi and San. "Let's go."

As we go deeper into the haunted ship, foul stench is getting stronger. The atmosphere is eerily, chilly, and damp. Goosbumps rising on my arms, I don't have to possess 6th senses to feel something is off.

The ship was sinked at the bottom of the sea for a short period of time. However, the wood is already rotten and some parts of the floor and wall fall apart. The only source of light is from the torches that the guys carry which is hard to see what we step on so our group moves quite slowly.