Confessions

Merlins POV

It's been a long time since the battle happened. Camelot is finally the place it was destined to be, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could, but I can't tell Arthur that. I can't reveal this secret to him, that'd just be two huge secrets in a row. My secret, you ask?

That's easy to think, but not to say.

But I am in love with Arthur Pendragon.

It's wrong! I can't! But I can't help it. I shouldn't  even be sure, I've only even been with one girl! And Freya and I didn't get much time. It's just the way that he does everything. His smirk when I do something wrong, his laugh, even the way he says my name. And don't even get me started on his personality. He's so annoying! He's an egotistical, arrogant, big-headed prat, but he's my egotistical, arrogant, big-headed part.

Arthur's POV

I walk around my chambers, bored out of my skull. When will Merlin get back with my armour!?!? I need to tell him something, and I'm just about for the first time, nervous about talking to him. If he doesn't accept it... then nobody will.

I check the time again. Where has that idiot got to?

Finally, Merlin bursts through the door. "Sorry sire!"

"Merlin! I assume you were daydreaming again?"

"Sorry sire."

"Merlin."

"Sorry, Arthur."

I roll my eyes at the oblivious fool.

I cough to get his attention while he's putting my armour on the table for me.

He raises his eyebrows. "Yes, sire- Arthur?"

"If I told you that I... liked someone, what would you do?"

His face falls momentarily, then he plasters on a fake smile. "I would support you." His tone is civil, but there's something else in his voice- it sounds like... hurt?

"And if I told you... they were a servant?"

"Well, Gw- She was a servant, wasn't she?" I glare at Merlin. Mentioning Her was not helping.

"What if... it were a male?" He freezes.

Merlins POV

Arthur's like me????? Yes! I have a chance! I have a chance!

Right, I need to reply.

"Well..." I start, frantically trying to think of an answer.

I can see the tears pooling in his eyes. "Merlin, you can go" he says coolly, but there's no mistaking the pain in his voice.

"No! I mean, no sire. I... was just surprised, that's all. Arthur, I would stay loyal to you whether you had three heads, or you had nothing left. I wouldn't leave you like that. I would never-"

He kisses me.

HE KISSES ME!!!!

Brain overload brain overload brain overload!

But my brain seems to be able to kiss him back.

Hi! Hope you enjoyed!
Love,
Eliza.