Night out

Merlins POV

I can't believe this is happening! He, as the King of all people, should know that this is wrong. I don't want to stop. I don't want this to end. But with a sigh, I end the kiss  and step away.

Arthur looks like he's just been punched. "It's not that I don't want to-" I say hastily, but he holds up a hand, silencing me. "Yeah, I get it. But you know what? Locked doors can achieve very much, and what the people don't know won't hurt them. So, what do you say?" He looks at me hopefully, with a look on his face I've never seen before. "If I didn't know you so well, I'd say you're trying to look cute," I joked.

"Merlin."

"Sorry! I guess... if nobody knows..." I smile and kiss him.

"Tonight, the Knights and I are heading to the tavern. Since you seem so fond of the place, why don't you come?"

"Ummm, sure? I guess someone has to get you home safely..." I furrow my brow.

"Merlin, you idiot. I meant as a friend. Do you understand that? Is it clear now?" He says, clearly exasperated.

"Oh! Yeah! I mean, sure, I'll go."

He rolls his eyes, and then I put his armour on him.

Which is very difficult, because now he keeps stopping to kiss me. "A bit possessive, are we?"  I laugh. He knits his eyebrows together. "Well, I am entitled, as the King."

Smartass.

Another chappy!
Love,
Eliza