Stay with me, Merlin.

Sorry this chappys kinda gruesome

Merlins POV

Oh god oh God why won't he stop oh God CAN NOBODY HELP ME!?!!!

"Now, Merlin, are you ready to tell me? You know as well as I do that you aren't wanted back at Camelot, so tell me, WHERE IS THE CITADEL WEAKEST?!"  With every syllable in the last three words, he digs his nails into the lash marks.

Pain overrides my body and I just want it to stop

I need to answer.

"The people of Camelot are my family. And do you no what that means? No matter how outcast you are, no matter how abused you are, family is family and that is a bond so special you. Will. Never. Understand."

He yells in rage, and smashes my head on the rocks.

The world turns black.

Arthur's POV

That bastard. That fucking bastard!

He hurt Merlin, my Merlin, and now he's gonna pay.

My vision turns red with anger and I run towards the bastard.

Pulling my sword  from my scabbard, I shove him violently against the rocks with my sword against his neck.

"Why. Are. You. Doing. This!?!?!?!!?!? "

He looks frightened. Coward.

"To... avenge Morgana... she should've been the rightful ruler of Camelot. Not you. You don't deserve the throne."

Ugh!

"Right. You have precisely 10 seconds for your last request."

"Can I have another round with Merlin?"

I shriek in rage and anger and pure, unadulterated hate.

I tie him down.

I sever his hands and his legs.

Then I leave him to bleed to death.

He deserved worse.

Then,  I rush over to Merlin, pick him up bridal style, dress him a little, and run all the way back to Camelot, the man's screams following me the whole way.

I get a few odd looks from the peasants, but I don't care. I rush him to my chambers and lay him gently on my bed.

I need to call Gaius, so I stick my head out the door and yell at the nearest servant to get him, immediately.

Being King has it's perks.

I turn Merlin over to look at his back and gasp.

He has raw , bloody flesh that has been mangled even further by the dirt. In some places, you can see his ribs. He's so thin that the slightest breeze could snap him in half. And at the rate the scarlet blood gushes out of his wounds, he'll bleed to death before he starves to death.

I did this.

Gaius comes in, gasps, breaking his usual professional demeanour, and sets right to work.

I sit in a chair by the bed, gazing listlessly at Merlin.

I loved him so much.

And I have harmed him so much by doing so.

With every pathetic beat of his heart, Merlin's life force drains away.

People come and go.

Gwaine comes to visit and is as pale, humourless, sober and the least Gwaine-like I've ever seen him. He gives me a shoulder to cry on. Percival comes in and sits with Merlin awhile. Leon keeps things running for me.

I was told all this later. I have no idea how long I sat there, watching  my love lie bleeding. All I'm aware off is the steady flow of tears streaming down my filthy face.

And of how I should be the one lying there.

Not Merlin.

Merlin. Pure, beautiful, perfect Merlin.

Stay with me, Merlin.

I move forward, just to hold his hand. And I never intend to let go.

If he dies, well,

I'm already partially dead inside.

Great. I just made MYSELF cry. Whoopsy daisy.
Love,
Eliza