19. SUPPRESSOR

🔞‼️📢WARNING📢‼️🔞

🔞‼️📢WARNING📢‼️🔞

This chapter involves Grace's spit and a sloppy bj from Bucky's POV💀

As you have seen in previous chapters...Bucky is generally more observant/visual/descriptive/in his head than Grace is💀

You can skip this chapter and the plot will still make sense💀

If I'd met her before everything else, Grace would've been my girl in a second. I imagined what it would've been like, getting letters from her during the war, knowing she was waiting for me. Actually, Grace would've lost her mind trying to fit everything she had to say to me onto a V-mail. She would've come up with so many acronyms that they'd be unreadable. And I would've loved them anyway and I would've poured over them trying to figure them out.

I would've told her to write them by hand and not type them (no matter how much space it would save) because I wanted to be able to see that she had touched them. And I would've carried them around with me, not knowing what the fuck they said, except maybe the parts that said "I love you." She would've used the space necessary to write out "I love you" in full because that was most important. I was pretty sure I could've gotten her to love me back then.

I would've planned on coming home and asking her to marry me. Fuck it—maybe in this version of the war, I would've actually gotten to come home and do it.

Anyway. No point in fantasizing. It was all different now than it used to be. Harder.

I couldn't even fall asleep with her these days—too risky, nightmares too likely. If she'd stayed last night, I would have laid awake until morning. I would have preferred it, too. I barely slept last night anyway, even on my own.

She was laying on my chest now, in my bed. It was 2 in the afternoon, and she hadn't spoken for at least ten minutes, which was concerning. The only reason I knew she was awake was because she was tapping her fingers in sets of four where her hand rested on my rib cage.

My day was revolving around her at this point. She liked to pretend she had a lot less control over this than she really did. Even when I had all of it, when I was fucking her or making her blush, I just took the control that she gave to me, that she didn't want.

I thought about the video call I'd had to do with Dr. Raynor while we were on the mission. I'd told her about Grace. Really drew it out, too, so I wouldn't have to talk about anything else.

Dr. Raynor asked me if I wanted to "start dating again." I didn't like how she'd phrased that. Like I was supposed to go on a bunch of different dates with a bunch of different women. When I'd just told her that Grace specifically was the important part of the story.

But what was I supposed to do, tell Dr. Raynor I'd been carrying around a picture of a woman I'd only been around for a couple hours total? I couldn't imagine she'd be happy about that, so I just told her that no, I didn't plan on dating, and that I didn't think I'd go on that date with Grace.