02. you could have died!?

( edited )

( edited )

THE AVENGERS gathered in the kitchen talking about some murderer bot, Ultron, a creation that Tony and Bruce were beginning to regret. Although, the billionaire didn't feel as guilty as his friend. Anastasia didn't really pay attention to their conversation, too busy playing darts with Tony. It didn't surprise him at all that the teenager was winning, as he guessed Clint had taught her a thing or two. Nat glanced at them, chuckling at the smug girl before her attention turned to Fury, who was preparing himself a sandwich as he spoke, "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked, his arms crossed around his torso as he leaned back on a wall in front of the table.

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit," Anastasia letted out a little snort at his words and continued playing, oblivious to her father's roll of eyes "Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony wondered, making the teen besides him furrow, as she herself wondered what the hell they had gotten themselves into. Sending her father a questioning look, he replied with a slightly shake of his head.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury replied.

Tony letted out a chuckle, "I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."

"Impressive," Anastasia said while he nodded gently, mouthing a thank you. "Although I was able to hack before I even finished middle school so, not that impressive" She held her smug expression even after the confused looks sent her way. Natasha smirked at her, feeling proud of the girl she had watched grow up.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that." Fury said, ignoring the girl's comment, and hoping the rest of them would do the same. 

Steve looked even more confused than he did before "NEXUS?"

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, it's the fastest access on earth."Anastasia replied casually.

"How do you know so much?" Tony asked, his question being ignored after Fury sent her a warning look. Shrugging, she walked away to stand behind Nat, near SHIELD's former director.

Not wanting the attention to be on his daughter, Clint asked Fury, "So what'd they say?"

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed." He replied.

"By whom?" Tony then asked.

"Parties unknown." He shrugged.

Natasha was the next one to ask, "Do we have an ally?"