30th September-Bryce's party.

I arrive at Bryce's house before anybody else does, making sure that all the food is prepared, which was all freshly cooked by Bryce's maid, who had left an hour ago. I also made sure that the pool house was open, because Bryce had forgot to unlock it.

About forty minutes after I had arrived, Justin and Jessica came walking along the footpath, carrying pizzas. I inspected the toppings on the pizzas, which was Hawaiian and a meat feast. Bryce came over, holding two beers in his hand, one for me and one for Justin. Jessica had already grabbed a glass of vodka, which had already explained why she was a little bit tipsy. 

"Hey, Monty. Over here." I heard as I turned around just to realise it was Taylor and Kenneth shouting my name near the pool house. I walk over to them to also realise Alex Standall had turned up and was playing one of Bryce's games, Desert Duty which we all loved to play. 

I looked at the clock on the wall of the pool house, making myself comfortable and grabbing a Xbox controller to start playing Desert Duty with Alex. I knew it wouldn't be long until Hannah Baker arrived, but I had to make sure that I was keeping myself occupied, glancing at the clock every ten seconds that went by. 

Two hours go by and Bryce's house is packed with people, some of them did not even go to Liberty, so I was a bit confused to who they where and who they where friend's to and how they had been invited to Bryce's party. 

Music was blaring 100 decibels, making you hear it left, right and centre. Jessica, Justin, Zach and a girl who I wasn't sure on if she went to Liberty, was all sitting down in the hot tub, bubbles blazing and just very four drunk kids messing about in there. 

Another half an hour passes by and people start to leave. I knew that soon Hannah would be turning up, so I made sure that I was playing my last game with Alex on Desert Duty. Then I heard her. I heard her footsteps, her laugh, the sound of her voice and Bryce speaking to her, as he sat on the side of the pool, a little, "Hey Hannah" came out of his voice. 

I quickly rushed outside and heard Jessica ask Hannah to grab her some pizza, as Jessica was still in the hot tub with the other three. I walked past Hannah and purposely picked up the pizza box and made it look like a tripped and dropped the pizza onto the floor, so that way Hannah did not have to pick it up. 

Everybody started to laugh at me and I laughed back. Jessica started to splash Hannah with water to make her get into the hot tub, but Hannah didn't seem that sure. I was really confused of what to do, because back in time in the past before I had my second chance of life, I would have still been stuck to the Xbox playing Desert Duty with Alex, not giving a care about other people and especially what Bryce was about to do to Hannah. 

I quickly see my chance and take my top off and get into the hot tub. I thought this way, if Hannah does decide to get in, I can quickly get her out when I see Bryce. Although, I wasn't sure of what to say to her, when Bryce did arrive, which would be soon, as Jessica and Justin had already left and Zach was getting close to that random girl who had been following him all night long.

I see Bryce get up and start to walk over to where Hannah and I where sitting, bubbles rising more and Hannah just looking up into the night sky, staring at all of the stars that where shining brightly just above us. I knew Bryce would soon turn the jets off, but I didn't think he would get in because I was also still sat in the hot tub, with Hannah.

Suddenly, the jets turn off and the bubbles disappear from underneath the waters surface. I found it very awkward, just us three sat in the hot tub, in complete silence. Hannah then looked at the water, ready to start getting out of the hot tub as I swayed a bit closer to her, so that Bryce could not reach her. 

In the corner of my eye, I see Bryce coming forward, more closer to Hannah. I really did not want her to get hurt this time, but I really did not know what to do. Bryce got more closer, giving me a look to get out, but I wouldn't budge. I am not making the same mistake twice. 

I reach over to Hannah, enough to let her hear these five words that I wanted to tell her, which where, "Your in danger, get out." Hannah quickly got out of the hot tub and Bryce looked at me dead in the eye, giving me an evil look, but for once I felt like I had destroyed Bryce, just a little bit. I wasn't going to let him get away with again.