I said, leave him alone

As I walked down the narrow corridor, after leaving class and talking to Jessica, I made my way into the lunch hall. I could see Bryce, Zach, Taylor and Kenneth all huddled up together, talking about God knows what.

I decide to sit down on a lunch table by myself and tuck into my baguette that I had made by myself. It had ham, tomato and salad cream in it and then finishing my lunch down with a Pepsi Max, while scrolling through instagram on my phone.

The boy's where not talking that quiet, so I could literally hear about everything they where saying. Bryce was mainly talking about Hannah and then Alex walked over to their lunch table to where they where all sitting, still huddled up together, making sure that their secrets where being kept safe. 

Taylor and Kenneth kept looking over at me, giving me an evil glare and then talking back to Bryce who also kept giving me a stare for a few seconds. I kept looking down and then finally placed my headphones into my ears to block out any of the sound until I had a surprise guest come over to my lunch table. 

She was sitting ever so politely, smiled at me and then ate her lunch, which had looked like she had brought it from the school cafeteria. Hannah literally was nothing at all what Bryce had told us all about. 

It always made me confused of why he kept following her about and looking at her every twenty seconds, which he would lie about, because he would then tell all of us lot that Hannah kept giving him the eyes and couldn't take her eyes off him, which I finally realised that the words that Bryce had told the whole football team, was not true by a small inch. 

Hannah continued to eat her lunch, while I was still listening to my music. I was still a bit confused to why Hannah was sitting with me, as it was bringing her more attention with Bryce as he kept looking at her and then looking back at me. 

I even felt uncomfortable by that point, so I really understood why Hannah felt uncomfortable. Actually, I take that back, I don't think I could even understand of how uncomfortable Hannah actually felt, because Bryce did more to her than just look at her for a few seconds. 

Eventually, I decided to take my headphones out and stop playing my music, to see why Hannah had came over to sit and eat with me. I looked at her and then smiled, which she returned back at me, which I thought was really nice of her to do so.

 "So um, Hannah...Is there any reason you are sitting here with me? Why are you not with Cory, sorry, I mean, Clay?" I asked her. Hannah quickly looked up and then said, "Clay Jensen hates me." Looking at Hannah again, I could feel that something was wrong, but I couldn't understand what the actually issue actually was bothering her, because I had sorted everything out, hadn't I?

Bryce got up and started to walk over to where Hannah and I where sitting. I started to straighten my back, just encase I needed to get up fast, even though I don't think anybody like that would do something that bad at school...Actually, that is a lie. I did something like that at school. 

"Hey Hannah." Bryce declared himself, to where we where both sitting, just trying to enjoy the free time we had left of our break. Hannah did not look at Bryce or even talk to him one bit. She just sat there and looked down at her plate of food that was sitting on one of the school lunch trays. 

Bryce then looked at me, smirking and then walked off, but he winked at Hannah, which made her look down at her plate of food even more. After Bryce had left, Hannah then asked me, "Why do you even still hang around with him anymore?" Still looking down at her food. It was like she had froze when Bryce walked by her. 

I quickly replied to her question, "I don't anymore Hannah and I am never going to again and also believe me, Clay does not hate you." Smiling at her, trying to calm her down, because I thought she was going to start crying as she looked quite upset. 

Hannah then looked at me, right after I announced Clay's name and she started to blush, but she was trying to hide it. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Tyler eating a sandwich, which looked like he had freshly made it by himself. I smiled over to him, as he saw me looking at him, which then he smiled back over at me. 

I was happy with myself being like this, as I was making really good choices through this second chance that I was fortunately given and I will be so blessed if this all works out in the end. Just then, I saw Taylor and Kenneth start to get up and walk over to Tyler's table, to where he was sitting all by himself, still trying to eat his lunch. 

I look over to see that Tyler's back was the opposite side to where Taylor and Kenneth where walking, so Tyler could not see them. I leave Hannah with a, "I'll be back in a minute." and quickly make my way over to Tyler's table, but Taylor and Kenneth have already reached him and started to chuck his food around the floor, so now he had no lunch. 

Quickly, Taylor took his water and poured it all over Tyler, so he was now dripping wet and Tyler look like he was about to cry. I saw Kenneth start to put his hand near Tyler's neck, which made me speed up a lot more walking as I knew what they where about to do. 

Kenneth started to grab Tyler, but I made it time and grabbed Kenneth by the wrist, looked him directly into his eyes and then shouted, "Leave him alone." The boy's started to laugh and then start calling me gay, which I then looked down, knowing it was true, but still did not want to believe it. 

Taylor then ripped Tyler's shirt right at the back, which at this point, Tyler was shaking and crying, heavily, not really knowing what was going on. I slammed my fist right onto the table, which made Tyler jump, but I knew if I wanted to get everybody's attention, I had to it, so even louder this time, holding Tyler's hand, I then shouted, "I said, leave him alone." 

Quickly, before they could touch or reach him again, I pulled Tyler outside and gave him my tartan shirt to put over him, even though he probably still was freezing cold, but I thought that it was a nice gesture. Tyler was still crying, so I tried to calm him down, which when he eventually did, I then decided to buy Tyler some more lunch, as half of his sandwich had been ripped to shreds.

Tyler looked at me, with a small smile and then quietly said, "Thank you, Monty." which he then made his smile bigger, tucking into his new lunch that I had brought him.