Chapter 4

—Jughead's POV—

I open my eyes, the first thing I see is my window. It's bright outside. I check my phone to see the time, it's seven o'clock.

I turn to my other side, my face is met with Veronica's long black hair. She's still sleep, her lips are still parted and she's taking long breaths. She had taken my sweatpants off in the middle of the night, so she is now only in underwear and a sweatshirt. 

I wiggle her shoulder in an attempt to wake her up. "Veronica." She doesn't move, she continues to sleep. I start to wiggle her shoulder harder trying to get her up. I fail.

I get out of bed and walk over to her side of the bed. I reach over and grab the pillow I was sleeping on and start to hit her with it.

Her eyes shoot open and she groans. "Jughead!" She gives me an angry stare and I start to laugh.

"Veronica." I say through my laugh.

"Why?" She looks at me with her heavy eyes. She starts getting comfortable in my bed. I hit her with my pillow again and she sighs.

"You need to get up."

"I don't have clothes to wear." She says adjusting her pillow.

"Wear mine." I walk into my closet and bring out one of my shirts. "You can wear the jeans that you wore yesterday."

"No, just take me home. Do you know how damaging  to my reputation it would be if I not only rode to school with you but also showed up in one of your shirts?"

"You know how 'damaging' to your reputation it would be if you showed up late to your second day of school?" I say mocking and contradicting her statement.

She gets up from my bed. She removes the sweatshirts she's wearing and hands it to me. She looks down at the floor scanning it trying to find her bra.

She picks it up off the floor and takes my shirt out of my hand. She gives me a fake smile and starts getting dressed. "Juggie, would you be so kind and go fetch me a glass of water?"

"Sure." I walk out the room and head to the kitchen. I open up the fridge and grab a bottle of water. I open the pantry and grab the unfinished bag of pretzels.

I walk back into my room and Veronica is still undressed. "Why does it take you so long to put on clothes?"

"I don't know how to turn on your shower. She walks up to me and takes the water and pretzels out my hands.

"Just don't take one." She makes a disgusted face at me.

"I'm not going without a shower you disgusting fuck."

"You'll have more time to get ready." Her mouth drops open. She hesitantly grabs my hand and takes me to the bathroom.

"Just show me how to turn on the damn shower!"

"Ask nicely and I'll do it." I say teasing her. She looks at me unamused and sighs.

"Will you please turn on the shower for me?" I look at her and start laughing. She crosses her arms in front of her chest and stares at me.

"No." I start laughing even harder and she punches me in the arm.

"That wasn't so funny was it?" I stare at her and try to hold in my laugh. "Why so violent today Ms. Lodge?"

"Turn on the fucking shower." I chuckle and turn the on the water for her.

"There you go princess."  She gives me another unamused look and steps inside the shower.