Chapter 7

—Veronica's POV—

I see Betty storm out of Cheryl's closet. I see Jughead follow shortly behind her. He walks over to me and avoids eye contact.

"Come on, let's go." There is too much alcohol in my body to fully understand what he means. I look at him and start to laugh. "What do you mean 'let's go' are we fighting?"

He gives me a mean look and sighs. "We're leaving." I start laughing again. "Boo." Jughead takes a deep breath and picks me up over his shoulder. The fast motion of him lifting me up makes my head hurt.

"Juggie put me down." He ignores my suggestion and keeps walking. I have a sick feeling in my stomach, my head is spinning and my vision is blurry.

I put my head into the crook of his neck. I close my eyes and try to control my breathing. "Jughead! Put me down! I don't feel good."

He stops moving, I feel my stomach shift. He takes me off his shoulder and carries me bridal style. He carries me out to the car and puts me in the backseat.

"Yay, you made it without throwing up. There is a trash can right here if you need it." He points to a tiny black bucket beside me.

I nod and he closes the door. I lay down across the seats and close my eyes. I hear the car start and I breathe in. The car starts moving and I jolt forward.

I sit up and tilt my head back, I breathe in and out slowly. I have a terrible pain in my forehead. "Juggie drive slower!" My words are slurred and he ignores me. I close my eyes again and lay sideways on the seats.

<<<>>>

I hear the backseat door open. I open my eyes and sit up. I see Jughead standing outside the car looking down at me.

"Come on, we're home." I struggle to make my way out the car, I assume that Jug is tired of waiting because he then picks me up bridal style like he did back at Cheryl's mansion.  I lay my head in his chest and close my eyes.

After a few minutes in his arm I feel my body fly through the air and soon after meet the cushion of his mattress. "Ouch!"  He rolls his eyes at me and heads into his closet.

My headache got worse thanks to him throwing me into his bed. I see him walk out of the closet holding sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

He walks over to the bed and looks at me. "Top off" I don't understand what he means, I look at him confused and he sighs.

"Take your shirt off." He has a stern tone in his voice. "Okay Mr. bossy pants." He looks at me unamused but I'm laughing very hard.

"You know what? Sleep in that tight ass two piece, I don't care." I frown at him. I close my eyes and get comfortable in his bed. He gets undressed and puts on the clothes he was going to give me. He walks out of the bedroom and shuts the door behind him.

<<<>>>

I wake up with a humongous headache. I sit up from the bed and look around the room. Jug isn't with me. I look down and see that I'm in the same dress from last night. I roll out of Jughead's bed and head to his closet.

I pull out a large t-shirt. I lay the shirt on the bed and start to undress. I hear the door open and flinch. I quickly cover myself with a blanket only for it to be Jughead.

"I was coming to check on you, I wanted to see if you were up." He smiles at me and looks down at the blanket, he raises his eyebrows and makes eye contact with me again.

My breathing lowers. "I just woke up actually." He nods his head.

"I made breakfast." I smile at him as he walks out the room and shuts the door. I finish undressing and put on his shirt.