Chapter 8

Jughead's POV:

"Has anyone here caught your eye yet?" She didn't answer my question, in fact, she ignored me. She stared at me for a few seconds and then walked into the house. I don't know what was wrong with my question, and why she didn't answer it.

I walk inside her house, I can't find her. I don't know what rooms are what, and I don't want to enter every room until I find the one she's in.

I hear my name get called from a room down the hallway. I walk into the room and see Veronica moving through her closet. She walks out with a yellow dress. "Does this look cute?" I shrug.

"Do you think it looks cute?" She looks at me, and then at the dress. She stares at the dress for a few moments. "I like it." She takes of the shirt she's wearing and puts on the dress.

"How do I look?" We smile at each other. "Ugly." Her smile drops. A frown forms in her face. "I'm kidding, you look stunning." Her smile forms again.

She heads the bathroom and I lay on her bed. I curl up in her bedsheets and stair at the window. It's a nice day outside, but the sun is too bright. I'm so tired. I close my eyes and seconds after Veronica busts out the bathroom yelling at me get out of her bed.

"Come on, we need go." I groan and shift in her bed. She walks over to her bed and turn me onto my back. She straddles me and looks me in the eye. "Do you want to hang out with Chuck?" I shake my head no.

She lays her head on my chest. "Then what do you want to do?"

I yawn and close me eyes. "Sleep." She raises her head from my chest. I can feel her eyes on me.

"No, that's boring."  I open my eyes and meet hers. "Then let's talk until I fall asleep." She gives me a frown.

"How long will that be?" She raises her eyebrow at me. I shrug. "Probably a few hours." She smiles and rests her head back on my chest. "What do you want to talk about?" She stays silent.

"I don't know." She mumbles.

"I have a question for you." I look down at her, she tilts her head up a bit and looks at me. "Yes?"

"Why didn't you answer my question in the car?" She stays silent for a few minutes. "What question?" I raise my eyebrow at her and stare in confusion.

"I asked you if anyone here has caught you eye, and you ignored me." She sighs and lays her head back down on my chest. "No one Jughead, no one has 'caught my eye.'" My mood got ruined by one sentence. She doesn't like me.

I get up out of the bed causing Veronica to get up as well. "Where is the kitchen?" She points to the right of her room. I nod my head.

I make my way to the kitchen and I get a text from Chuck. He asked if Veronica and I were still coming over, I told him I don't feel well which is somewhat true. Ronnie's response to my question made my stomach drop, and now I have no appetite or any motivation to go anywhere.

I open the fridge and grab a bottle of water. I take a deep breath and stare at the tile floor. Her response to my question repeats in my head. "No one has
caught my eye." Bullshit. I get lost in my thoughts about my crush on Veronica, wondering if I should move on, or keep trying. My thoughts are interrupted by Veronica.

"Are you okay?" I look at her and nod my head. I start walking back to her room and she follows shortly behind. I enter her room and lay on her bed. She straddles me again and smiles. I smile back at her. We keep eye contact for a few seconds. She parts her lips like she's about to speak. My phone goes off right before she begins her sentence. It's my dad.